The ball

I don't own TVD..

Soon after the ball started and Elijah greeted a few guests, he went to get Elena. As they walked down the stairs together arms linked everyone stopped and stared including all her friends.

Elijah: By the looks of it everyone loves your dress.

They both looked over at everyone looking up at them.

Elena: They all are just looking at us. I guess I can mark off making a big entrance from my bucket list.

Once they got to the bottom of the stairs Elijah stopped in front of Elena.

Elijah: Either way you still look beautiful as always.

Elijah smiled at her and she smiled back.

Elena: Why thank you, Mr. Mikaelson.

Elena smiled. Elijah brought her hand up to his lips and placed a kiss on it which made Elena smile.

Elijah: My pleasure, Miss. Gilbert.

Caroline walked up.

Caroline: Can I steal Elena for a moment?

Elijah: Of course.

He looked at Elena and smiled.

Elena: Save me a dance?

Elijah: How can I say no.

After Elijah walked away talking a few steps back from the staircase Caroline started talking to Elena.

Caroline: What was that all about?

Elena: What was what all about?

Caroline: You and Elijah. What's going between you two? And why did you come from the stairs and not the front door?

Elena: We were walking and talking. Nothing is going on between us. And that's part of what I'll be telling you tomorrow evening.

Caroline looked her best friend over before smiling and hugging her.

After Elijah made the announcement he made his way to Elena.

Elijah: May I have this dance?

He held his hand for Elena to take.

Elena: You may.

Elena smiled and took his hand in hers.

Elijah: I see the Salvatore brothers haven't been able to take their eyes off you all night.

He said looking up at the two before looking back at her.

Elena: They're only here because they think Esther is going to do something to me.

Elijah: Speaking of my mother.

Elena: I haven't talked to her yet, but I will after this dance.

Elijah: Well who am I to keep you waiting?

He smiled and twirled her out and back with his arms around her waist causing her to giggle. Which made Damon roll his eyes. Elena turned around to face Elijah.

Elena: Who knew the noble Elijah was such a good dancer.

They both smiled.

Elijah: There's lots of things you don't know about me.

Elena: That can change. You already know a lot about me, it's only fair if I know a lot about you.

Her smile dropped as soon as the music stopped.