Part 22: Happily Ever After

-about a year and a half later-
"Oh my God. This is real, Addison. I'm really getting married. Like, today. Right now."
Addison laughed. "Yes, you are. Nervous?"
"Um, no shit," I replied, sinking into an armchair. "What if we don't work out?"
"Don't be silly," Addison began. "You and Josh were meant to be. Do you think that he's out there second-guessing you two? Absolutely not. Now, let's go! It's time!"
Addison grabbed my hand and led me to the hallway where Bryce was waiting. He was not only the best man, but as the closest thing that I had to a dad, he would be giving me away as well. Josh and I had decided to keep the wedding party very small, so Addison and Bryce were the only members of the bridal party.
"You ready?" Bryce asked, holding his arm out for me to take.
I shook my head. "No. I'm so nervous."
Bryce chuckled. "You'll be fine. Let's go." Without another word, we waited for Addison to make it to the altar before Bryce led me down the aisle.
The look on Josh's face removed any doubts that I had. Deep in my heart, I knew that this was exactly where we were meant to be.

When we made it to the altar, Bryce kissed my cheek before whispering in my ear. "I'm so proud of you."
I handed my bouquet to Addison, and Josh took my hands in his.
"We are gathered here today to join this couple in holy matrimony," the priest began. "The couple has opted to prepare their own vows, so we'll go ahead and get started. Josh, if you will?"
Josh nervously dropped my hands and reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out a sheet of paper. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Bailey Marie Hall, can you believe that we met just four years ago? I feel like I have known you for an eternity. We've been through hell and back, and there isn't a single person that I would rather have standing across from me today. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. You are my motivation, the very reason that I continue to work so hard, and I cannot wait to have the pleasure and privilege of growing old with you."

The priest looked at me, motioning for me to begin. Bryce reached around Josh, handing me the paper that I had written my vows on. "Josh, when we met, I instantly imagined a life with you. Never in a million years did I ever think that it could become our reality. Through the ups and downs that have been our relationship, only one person has brought me the feeling of comfort and safety that I long for, and that's you. Growing old with the love of my life is my biggest goal in life, and I am beyond lucky to have gotten the privilege of you choosing me. No words can describe the way that you make me feel, and I cannot wait to wake up next to you every morning for the rest of our lives."
I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye as I anxiously folded the paper back up. "Do you, Josh, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do," Josh replied, smiling at me.
"And do you, Bailey, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

-five years later-
"Josh, honey! We're running late for dinner! Hurry up!" I called up the stairs. "Daddy takes forever, doesn't he, monkey?" I asked, putting on Brayden's shoes.
"I'm coming!" he yelled back down the stairs. Brayden giggled at that. Even at three, he and I both knew that Josh was not actually on his way downstairs.
A few moments later, I called out again. "Alright! Brayden and I are going to leave without you and Jamie! See you when we get back!"
It worked, and I heard Josh running down the stairs. "I'm sorry," he said, holding our daughter.
"It's okay," I laughed. "Let's go, though. Bryce and Addi will never let us live it down if we're late again."

On the drive to their house, Brayden and Jamie babbled with one another in the backseat. Hearing them talk to one another, even if there was no way that I could possibly understand it, was music to my ears. They were so close in age, and their bond was the cutest thing that I had ever seen.
"We're at Uncle Bryce's house!" I announced as we pulled in the driveway, eliciting a round of applause from the backseat. Family dinner was their favorite part of the week because they got to see their cousins.
Josh and I unbuckled the kids, setting them down, so they could run up and knock on the door. As Brayden tried to pound on the door, their oldest, Mackenzie, opened the door. "Brayden!" she exclaimed, wrapping him in a hug.
"Where are Mommy and Daddy?" I asked ushering all three kids inside.
"Kitchen," Mackenzie answered, unbothered.

I left them to play with Josh, heading into the kitchen. "Oh, you're here!" Addison yelled, putting down the spoon that she was using and wrapping me in a hug.
"I saw Mackenzie, but where's Mckenna?" I asked, pulling out of the hug.
Bryce sighed. "Napping. She's been a monster all day."
Josh and I chuckled. Jamie and Brayden were monsters without a nap too.
"Dinner!" Addison called out, prompting three little bodies to sprint into the kitchen. "Bry, can you go wake up Mckenna?"
Bryce nodded and headed upstairs while the other kids went to their seats at the dining room table.

When Bryce came back down with Mckenna, the kids ate quickly, anxious to go play together again. We ate dinner together at least once a week, but the kids acted like they never saw each other.
I sat at the table, taking in the noise, the laughter, the memories that were being made. The last decade had been a trying one, but somehow, we had all gotten our happily ever after.

-This part is about half as long as the other parts in this story, so sorry about that, but this is it for My Brother's Best Friend. Check out Frenemies? Or Something More?: a Blake Gray Fanfiction!