Episode 58

"The true identity of the Titans who've threatened us are humans. They have the same ancestry as us. We are 'subjects of Ymir'. Our King erected these walls 100 years ago. He then altered our memories using Titan powers and made us believe humanity outside the walls was wiped out. But in fact, humanity hasn't perished. When speaking of subjects of Ymir, they call us this: A race of Devils. In the near future, the enemy will invade our lands to obtain resources. Their plans began five years ago with the attack of the Colossal Titan".

After the meeting, those words were printed on the newspaper. When the public read it, they all had different types of reactions. Some believed it, some laughed it off while others said it was a conspiracy theory by the military.

Some days later a grand funeral was held for our fallen comrades. Floch created a scene saying 'People needed to know the truth'. I was standing beside Levi watching the whole scene unfold. I couldn't tell anything because part of what he said was true. "It's time" I said to Levi hinting him to call the kids onto the stage.

We were also being rewarded for our act of bravery with medals. I kneeled down between Levi and Eren and waited for Krista to come. One by one, Krista hung the medals around our neck and in return to show her respect we kissed the top of her hand. It was soon Eren's turn and that's when something unusual happened. Eren froze on spot the moment he pressed his lips onto Krista's hand. "Eren?"

An so, six years after the Colossal Titan's first attack, the Scouts once again resumed expeditions past Wall Maria. And just as we planned, I was in charge of slaughtering the Titans. Seeing no Titan in sight, i flew down to my team. "It's just like you thought, Hange-san. The Titans inside Wall Maria were pretty much all of them" I said, slightly relieved. "Just Hange, Jules. We're practically in the same squad" she corrected me before speaking again "Then it makes it easier to go to our targeted place".

What a huge wall! I flew a bit higher only to be mesmerized with the sight in front me. The sea.. it really was true.. I quickly landed on the sand and took my boots off. "Jules be careful!" i heard Levi and others call worrily from behind. Oh my God.. I slowly stepped towards the water until my feet were fully emerged in it. I giggled like a 5 year old feeling the coldness of the water. I pulled up my pants and folded upto the knees before emerging into water. This feels soo good!

The kids around me started playing in the water except Eren who was staring straight ahead. "Come on" I dragged Levi with me into the water. "W-Wait Jules" he replied in fluster as he hurriedly took off his boots. I splashed water onto him making his fresh white shirt fully drenched. Oh! I gasped seeing his toned body as the shirt was clinging onto him. He looked at me and smirked devilishly before doing the same to me. Uh oh i tried running away from him but before i could do it, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled us both onto the water. By this time, we were pretty far away from the entire team. "S-Salty" i coughed as i swallowed a bit of water. "Look what you did! I'm fully wet. How am i supposed to ride now?" I crossed my arms. "That doesn't matter. I'll help you. And also warm you up" he whispered the last sentence causing my brain to fuse. "P-People are here.. w-what are you doing?" i fumbled on my words, still embarrassed from what just happened. He suddenly laughed wholeheartedly at my words causing me to stare at him in awe. Oh my god.. so fucking handsome..

"On the other side of the sea is the enemy" I heard Eren say which took all of my attention. "Hey.. if we kill our enemies there.. will we finally be free?" he said pointing towards the sea. Oh Eren.. Mikasa, Armin and I exchanged glances before those two went and hugged him. I came from behind and hugged the 3 tightly. "You don't have to bear this pain on your own. We are all in this together".

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading episode 58.
Please let me know my mistakes.