CHAPTER 4: Daytoy

Start from the beginning

Sean sighed helplessly. He anticipated that this scenario will happen that's why he was being silent a while ago. And now, he doesn't know what to do. From the looks of it, Lareina grew fond of Yvo in just a short notice and it was like she idolized him. Breaking them apart will make Lareina angry at him and he cannot afford to let it happen. He doesn't wanna lose his beloved friend. Also, angry Lareina was not a good sight to see. She's scarier like a Mom to her child.

"Figured," Sean whispered to the air. "Just don't mind me Lareina, I'm sorry for acting like this." He added looking dejected.

He turned to his bike and took it with his hands. "Do you mind if we walk, our house is already near. Let's go."

"It's fine for me to walk but we're not moving unless you tell me something more." She walked toward Sean and cupped his face using both of her hands.

Sean stiffened due to Lareina's action but remained behaved. The feeling of Lareina's hand on his face is magical, it was as if he was the only one she can see.

Sean stared back at Lareina analyzing her eyes. "You looked gloomy Sean, you're not my best friend at all. Sean is always happy, joyful, and active. Where's my Sean, hmm? It's not about Yvo, isn't it? What's bugging you for real?"

Sean slowly put his right hand over Lareina's hand on his face, caressing it as if telling her it was okay. He then looked away before telling her the real reason why he was acting weird. "I'm jealous. It feels like he's going to take you away from me." 

"Silly, Yvo's not like that." She laughs. "You don't have to be jealous, you're my best friend forever and no one can change that."

"Yeah, best friend forever." He brusquely replied, showing off his usual smile that made the latter happy and contented. It was forced but he needed to, to dismiss her from interrogating anymore. The truth is, he feels terrible. His heart is aching inside, and his eyes wanted to cry but he can't. The last thing he wanted to see is Lareina's worried face just because of his feelings. Till now, Lareina still considers him as her best friend nothing else. Sean wondered if he confess what he feels, will he have a chance? will they have a chance? will Lareina look at him not as a friend but as a man?

"Let's go." He suggested and Lareina nodded her head happily as a replied. Then the two walked on their way home, while Sean's pulling his bike.

The walk went smoothly, Lareina was telling Sean about her first day at school. Her story was cut only when they arrived at her house. She then bid goodbye to Sean before entering her home.

Sean who's now alone continues to walk and minutes after, he arrives at his house. He first parked his bike in their garage and when he was done, he entered the house.

As soon as he entered, he found his Mom sitting on the couch sewing something. "I'm home, Ma." He greeted her before giving her a peck on the cheeks.

"Hmm...Are you okay? Your voice seems off. Come here, Sean." She waved at him to come closer. Her knees bent, and Sean came close. She then quickly hugged her son. "No matter what your problem is, you can tell it to us okay?"

"I'm okay Ma, I can handle it. You know me." Sean forced a laugh, but every Mom knows their child from head to toe. She seems to know that he is lying. "It's alright if you don't want to tell it to us. But Sean, be happy okay?" She requested.

"Yes Mom, love you both," Sean muttered before standing up. He was ready to walk away when his mom called her again.

"Sean!" She called. "What's your nickname again, the one your friend gave you?"

Sean knew his Mom remember it well and it was very clear to him why she was asking about it. In fact, it's not the first time, she asked about it. Recalling back, every time he felt down, his mother always remind him about the meaning behind his given nickname.

He glanced at his mom and smile genuinely. "Daytoy. That's my nickname, Ma."

Her mom gave him a thumbs up before asking again. "And what does that mean?"

"Be happy every day."

"Good. Don't forget it. Now go to your room and change. I'm going to cook our dinner. Your Dad will be home soon." She commanded, blowing him a kiss. Sean happily acted as if he was going to catch the kiss and they both laughs because of their silliness.

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS