The loud sound of glass breaking and the raven screeching in panic as it flapped its wings, trying to locate an exit, had startled the boar-like creature awake. 

The Beanish groaned in pain as he sat up, shaking his head before fixing his glasses. 

“Boss, be ya alright?” asked Midbus, quickly rushing over to Fawful. 

Fawful nodded, getting up and smiling. 

“Yes, Midbus, I am doing the alright! Look at what I have done the bringing back with!” exclaimed the Beanish, grabbing the satchel the bird had dropped, having carried it in its talons because of how heavy it was. 

Midbus raised an eyebrow in confusion, taking the satchel and opening it, taking the wand out and handing it back to his boss before taking out some of the files. 

“What’s dis?” asked Midbus, a little confused. 

Fawful frowned, glaring at his minion. 

“That is of the stupid question you are asking, Midbus! Those are adoption papers I had been the discovering of, along with an updated tree of family chart, and several other papers that I was thinking may be of the use to us!” explained the Beanish, walking over to the planning board that his minion had filled with plans and ideas. 

They had no idea that the oldest Koopaling was silently watching from the shadows, hidden behind some shelves nearby. 

Midbus followed his boss over, taking all of the files out of the satchel before tossing it over to a nearby crate, using a separate crate as a makeshift table. 

The oldest Koopaling, still hidden behind some shelves nearby, peeked out from his hiding spot, curious to see what the Beanish had stolen. 

Fawful placed the wand on the crate beside the satchel, picking up some of the files. 

“It states in these adoption papers that I had been the lucky to find that the oldest Koopaling had been adopted for just the sole purpose of being the king’s heir. And the other Koopalings had been the adopted to serve as higher ranking minions” said the Beanish, smirking as he showed his minion Ludwig’s adoption papers. 

With Ludwig:

The oldest Koopaling gasped silently to himself, glancing away. 

He knew that HE had been adopted for the sole purpose of being Bowser’s heir to the throne, since the king didn’t have a wife, and he needed an heir to keep the royal Koopa family going. 

It didn’t matter if the heir was his biological child or adopted, he just needed to have a kid. 

But adopting the other Koopalings for the sole purpose of being his higher ranking minions? 

How had the adoption centers allowed them to be adopted if Bowser had written that for the reasons why there were being adopted? The only explanation Ludwig could think of was that Kamek had ordered the papers to be approved, despite any hesitence to do so.

That just sounded...wrong? Only adopting the other Koopalings JUST so they could be the highest ranking minions didn't sound like a good thing.

Ludwig refrained from growling. 

He would have to ask his father about this later, but for now, he had to focus on escaping. 

He returned his attention back to the Beanish and his giant pig minion, catching a quick glimpse of his wand on the crate beside the satchel. 

The gears in his head began turning. 

Maybe if he got his wand back, he would have a better chance of escaping.