Ch.27

With Ludwig: 

The two Koopalings had made it to Ludwig’s lab, the door being locked. 

Junior gasped, remembering that Roy had the key. 

“Ludwig, Roy has the key, how are we-?” began Junior, but blanched back when Ludwig swiftly took his wand out of his shell, using a spell to blast the handle clean off the door. 

Ludwig swung the door open, quickly rushing into the blood and organ filled room, seeming unbothered by this. 

Junior could only stand in shock, unable to believe what he had just witnessed. 

Ludwig saw this. 

“I didn't vant to hafe to do zat, but hopefully Roy vill be blamet for it. He has ze tendency to break zings vhen he's angeret” said Ludwig, muttering the last part. 

Junior nodded in understanding glancing away. 

“If you kan, go get my journal vhile I klean zis up. It'll take me a vhile. Are ze others sleeping?” asked Ludwig, taking notice of Junior’s hesitation, turning on the hot water in the large sink and letting it fill up with disinfecting soap. 

Junior perked up, nodding. 

“Yeah, I was hiding in the library and heard them talking about going to bed. I don't think they said anything about grabbing your journal, so it’s probably still there. I’ll be right back!” exclaimed Junior, grinning. 

Ludwig nodded, grabbing all of his surgical equipment and tossing them into the sink, allowing them to soak. 

“Goot. Come bakk here once you get it. You kan force ze draver open, if you vant. Doesn't matter right nov, anyvay” said Ludwig, quickly grabbing a bottle of ammonia from the shelf, twisting the cap open and dumping it all over the blood stained floor. 

Junior nodded, rushing off to retrieve the journal. 

Ludwig sighed, grabbing a broom and using it to forcefully scrub the dried blood off the floor. 

With Junior: 

The youngest Koopaling was smiling, actually excited about what the two were doing. 

He felt like he was in a murder mystery movie, or even a movie about spies, sneaking around secretly and trying to help his eldest brother clear his name. 

He knew this was a serious matter for the oldest Koopaling, but he couldn’t help but compare this to something that one would typically watch on TV. 

Or one of Morton’s fiction novels that he enjoyed reading so much. 

Junior shook his head, focusing on the task at-hand. 

He quickly and silently ran up the stairs, heading to the second floor. 

He gasped silently to himself once he had reached the second floor, quickly hiding behind the corner when he saw Roy talking to two Hammer Bro guards. 

He waited a solid minute before the second largest Koopaling walked away from the two guards, heading down one hallway as the two guards turned and went down the opposite hallway. 

Junior sighed, peeking around the corner and seeing that it was all clear. 

Silently sneaking down the hall, the youngest Koopaling continued his way to Ludwig’s room, slowly opening the door and peeking inside. 

It was exactly how he had seen it the first time he had been inside a few days ago. 

He quickly entered the room and closed the door silently, looking around and seeing that nothing had been disturbed.