Chapter 14: Deals and Dates

Start from the beginning

"You've got yourself a deal Davies."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"The Yule Ball is a wonderful opportunity for every school to have a fun celebration and come together!"

Once Professor Sprout had said this, the Great Hall full of Hufflepuffs erupted into excited chatter. Meanwhile, the Slytherin boys' faces dropped while the girls began to plan dates, dresses, and what not.

"I can't believe we are going to a dance," Belle groaned as she collapsed against Amora. Amora giggled as she shoved Belle off of her. On the other side of the Great Hall, Ned and Cedric were in a deep conversation.

"Who are you going with?" Cedric asked Ned.

"Watch this," Ned whispered to Cedric. Ned then winked at Belle before forming his hands into the shape of a heart. Belle simply flicked him off before turning back to Amora.

"True love," Cedric chuckled as a dejected Ned shrunk back in his seat.

"She's my girlfriend! Is she even allowed to do that?" a confused Ned asked Cedric.

"We can do whatever we want," Rey snickered as she sat between the boys.

"Rey, I assume you're going with a certain brooding egotistical Slytherin?" Ned asked her. Rey simply blushed her head and ducked, answering their question.

"Now, I need someone to help me demonstrate the dancing! Can our champion please come over here and join me?" Professor Sprout asked aloud, beckoning for Cedric to come join her. Ned and Rey burst into laughter along with the rest of the Great Hall. Cedric didn't mind, however, because he was very close with the professor since she was practically a mother to him. Once they had finished demonstrating the dance (and he actually didn't do too bad of a job) it was time for the rest of the students to try.

Ned and Belle were the first ones to jump to their feet and begin to dance. They gently swayed to the music and Belle even rested her head on Ned's chest, which caused his face to go beet red. Meanwhile, Aaron clumsily stepped on Rey's feet. Instead of wincing in pain, Rey simply laughed it off as the duo went into a very clumsy dance. Other pairs began to dance together as well, until Amora realized she was standing in the middle of the Great Hall with no one to dance with. She then bumped into what she assumed to be a couple dancing. Amora turned around to apologize but was face to face with Cedric.

"Uh, hey," he stuttered awkwardly. Before she could respond, Hazel Mayweather burst in between them and grabbed Cedric, pulling him into the dance. Hazel then shot a nasty glare to Amora before pulling Cedric closer to her. Amora felt her cheeks turn red in utter embarrassment and stormed out of the Great Hall. She wanted to hate Hazel. She wanted to hate Hazel so bad, but deep down she knew that she wished Cedric would have said something.

Cedric did actually say something. He was about to ask Amora to dance but he was so flustered he didn't even notice Hazel dancing with him until Amora had left the Great Hall.

"Hazel, you need to stop this," Cedric snapped before practically shoving Hazel off of him. He then turned to go chase after Amora. He saw her robe disappear around a corner, and he ran after it.

"Amora! Just the lady I was hoping to see," a voice rang from the hallway. Cedric peeked around the corner and was surprised to see Roger comforting Amora.