09. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
the christmas spirit !

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞the christmas spirit !

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

DECEMBER in stars hollow is usually nothing special. of course, not for those who partake in the snowman competition. but it's usually the same thing every year.

well, almost every year.

"you're not gonna be in town for christmas?" luna exasperated to her best friend. kat frowned, "no, my parents decided that this year would be a good choice to finally make use of our cabin in new york."

"new york? you're going to new york and i'm stuck here?" the blonde groaned as the pair walked down the halls of stars hollow high. kat chuckled and placed her arm around her best friend. "come on, it's not all bad." she attempted to lift her spirits. "no it is all bad. what about our tradition?"

"tradition?"

"eat takeout and do nothing. now i have to do nothing by myself." luna whined as kat laughed. "i think that's just a normal friday night for us, lulu. also you're not gonna be alone, you have theo."

"yeah, but his family's coming to visit, so he probably won't have time."

kat nodded in understanding before looking up, "speak of the devil." she remarks as she sees theo making his way toward them. he smiles once he reaches luna, bending down to give her a quick peck on the lips. he greets kat before going to put his arm around luna, but kat was quick to push it away.

"hey, this is my time. as long as i'm here, you're second best buddy." the girl chastised, pointing an accusatory finger at the boy. theo retreats, his arms raising in surrender, looking to his girlfriend for help. luna let's out a laugh before looping her arm through her best friend's. "sorry, buddy." theo gasps in fake offense. "i see how it is."

katherine rolls her eyes before speaking again,"what about that big dinner lorelai's having?" kat offers to which luna groaned in annoyance. "elio's forcing me to go. also i was hoping to drag you along with me so i don't have to suffer alone, but–"

"but i'm leaving tonight."

"but you're leaving tonight."

"are you going?" kat asks theo. "unfortunately no, my aunt's coming in tonight." luna groaned once more. "i hate you guys for not being able to endure this pain with me."

"we hate it too, hun." kat chuckles as they make their way outside and into the cold but stopped in their tracks as they heard yelling. they saw dean running over to a group of boys huddling around something. they quickly ran over to see what was going on.