Rarity stared at her best friend, and she slowly nodded, saying, "I was aiming for not too showy."

"And yet so many people were amazed when you were wearing it at the music festival," Fluttershy said with a smile.

A blissful smile enters Rarity's face as she thought about what Fluttershy is talking about. I watched what was happening confused and turned to Soarin.

"Is talking about dresses the only thing that calms Rarity down or something?" I asked.

"Sort of," Soarin said. "Rarity likes to make dresses, so she usually calms down if you talk about them in great detail. The problem is only Fluttershy can really do that because she is so close to Rarity and understands enough about fashion to describe her work, so we can't really get her to chill out when Fluttershy isn't around."

"Ah," I said.

By the time Soarin finished his explanation, Rarity had calmed down, and Fluttershy was patting her shoulder before they both turned to me. Rarity was giving me a big smile that looked as creepy as her vengeful glare as she walked over to me.

"Rough Draft, darling, please forgive me," she said as she sporadically pulled me into a hug. "That was no way to act when you didn't get to explain yourself."

I felt awkward over how Rarity was acting as I said, "Uh, that's okay, I guess."

"Alright, alright, Rarity is chill now, so let's have our answers," Rainbow Dash said impatiently. "What really happened?"

"What I want to know is what have you guys heard?" I asked as Rarity pulled away from her hug. "Does everyone in school think I tried to kill Blueblood?"

"More or less," Applejack said sadly. "Since you're new to the school and everything, people seem to think you're some psychopath because one of the first things you have done in the beginning of the year is having dinner with Blueblood and Octavia Melody, and that somehow ended with Blueblood falling off the balcony."

"Please tell us that you didn't try to kill him, Rough Draft," Starlight Glimmer begged.

"No! Of course not!" I exclaimed. "It was completely an accident!"

"How did you accidentally knock him off the balcony?" Pinkie Pie asked, confused.

I sighed before I finally told them everything that happened, leaving out what Octavia and I were discussing while Blueblood was on his phone. By the time I was done, the group was looking at me skeptically until they turned to Applejack. The apple farmer noticed what they wanted from them and sighed.

"He's telling the truth," she said.

Everyone else apart from Rarity sighed in relief, glad to hear what people were thinking about me isn't true.

"I hoped this whole rumor was exaggerated nonsense," Starlight said. "I didn't think you were so into Octavia Melody that you'd try to murder her boyfriend."

"Indeed. Now I really feel bad for jumping to conclusions," Rarity said, ashamed. "I'm sorry, Rough Draft."

I smiled at her, knowing that she meant it this time, and said, "I'm just glad you guys heard me out. Though I wish there is a way I could get rid of this rumor. I don't want to deal with people looking at me like I'm something to avoid like people did in Appleloosa."

"Don't worry about it, neighbor," Pinkie Pie chirped. "We can help clear things up for you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. You're our friend," Applejack said with a smile. "We ain't going to let this rumor tarnish your name in Canterlot High, leastways not while you were starting to enjoy being here."