𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

Start from the beginning

    She let out a shaky breath, before slowly fluttering her eyes open. What hurts me the most is that even though that fucker, Dylan left scars that would be healed after a few weeks, but the trauma he had left would be carried by McKenna forever.

    "Don't leave me please." She whispers, which catches me off guard, the tears were still streaming down her face. "Please hold me."

    Her voice was soft, and I nodded. She pulls me to lie with her in bed, and she cuddles into me, laying her head on my chest.

    I missed this, I missed having her so close to me, and I know I fucked up, but I'm going to do everything that I can to make her feel better. Even if she wants me to stay away from her, I just want her to be happy.

    It wasn't long until McKenna fell back asleep, her steady breathing making me tighten my grip around her waist.

    "I know you're probably scared to love again, because you're heart's broken right now. But I promise you angel, I'm always going to be open for you." I whispered to her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

McKenna Prentiss | July 4, 2018

    I woke up because Harry's heavy body was crushing my arm, and it was only then that I realized how much he loved being the little spoon. As tall as he is, he still likes it when I cuddle him. I remember him telling me how 'amazing it feels to be held', and it was amazing.

    But I didn't deserve this, I didn't deserve him being here with me. He was in the middle of tour, and he dropped all of that just to come be with me?

    The thing that happened with Camille happened so long ago, that I almost forgot it only happened a few months back, but that doesn't change the fact that I still love Harry, I mean I told him that, he knew it.

    After what happened with Dylan however, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I hadn't realized how manipulative and controlling Dylan was being when we were together.

    He would always pick where we would eat, and it would end up being at the most extravagant restaurants where paparazzi's were waiting. He would also tell me how to dress in the most manipulative way, he would point out how skirts make my legs look shorter, or how dresses make me 'easily fuckable', at that time, I didn't pay it any attention at all. I was just going with how he was because I thought it was who I was too. Only for me to realize that I was living through his orders and manipulation. I was never truly myself, only a puppet for one Dylan Parker to control.

    Being with Harry was totally different, and I loved who I was when I was with him, but he cheated. He promised me how he would never, ever become the man Brooklyn was. Harry cheating just brought out the insecurities I've been trying to bottle up inside.

    I managed to pull my arm away from Harry's crushing body, and I slowly moved out of bed, my eyes catching the guitar that was placed on my couch, making me furrow my brows.

    I walk to my couch, grabbing the guitar and seeing Harry's messy handwriting on a piece of paper underneath the guitar.

I don't wanna make you feel bad
But I've been trying hard not to talk to you
My sunflower

    Underneath each lyric were the chords to the song, and I smiled, it was an upbeat tune, so I sat on my couch, taking the guitar and placing it on my lap before I started to play the chords.

    "Sunflowers, sometimes, keep it sweet in your memory. I was just tongue-tied. I don't want to make you feel bad but I've been trying hard not to act a fool, my sunflower." I sang softly, strumming the chords on the guitar as I close my eyes, letting the familiar feeling of playing the guitar settle into me.