Drama #1: Beaches Suck!

I'm in Hawaii with my family. Weather's warm and it's a perfect for swimming at the beach.

My family and I got changed into our swimming costumes, apart from my mum, because she had to go buy new ones. I put on my aqua tankini, white rash shirt that matches my tankini and a pair of purple shorts - those ones that you can swim in. If only I knew....

Our hotel's is minutes from Waikiki beach. We walk along the beach until we find the ideal spot. Partly under shade but still in close proximity to the water.

Mum leaves to go buy a new swimming costume as her's is - let's not even mention it!

Dad, my brother and I race into the water. It's beautiful! I dive under some waves, enjoying the comfort of the water's temperature.

My brother and I play a game where we have to dive under each time there is a wave. Sounds boring, it's actually quite fun; diving under and getting hopelessly pushed around like a play toy by waves!

🐠🐠🐠

Hours pass by, and we've not only spent some time at the beach, but even in this pool-type thing. The pool is enclosed by rock and is like a miniature beach; if you stand new the edge of the rock that's facing the sea, massive waves come and spray seawater all over you, that then makes little waves inside the pool.

Not only is there sand, rock and salty waves to make it feel like the beach, but lots of fish fit through the cracks of the rock and like to hang out in the pool!

I spent my time there in the pool looking at all the different species of fish there were in the pool, chasing a school of fish around the pool (No joke, I was literally centimetres from touching one!)

Once we decided that we had had enough fun in the water, my brother and I built a sandcastle. The castle itself was on a hill with a deep moat around it. Surrounding the castle was a wall to block out all the enemies!

Mum soon found us and we all agreed that we should go back to our hotel room now. My brother and I got up and took a few steps away from the castle, when a wave came along and destroyed the front part of the moat! We knew exactly what we had to do: build the wall higher!

"Oh no!" My brother cried, "The Huns have attacked our castle! We must warn the Emporer!"

"C'mon bro," I said to him, shaking my head to what he had said, "Let's stop those Huns from reentering our castle again!"

So we built the walls higher, but once again, as we stood up to leave, an even bigger wave came and destroyed even more of our castle! We repeated the same process once again, and when we got up to leave - you guessed it - another wave came and washed over the whole castle! What a catastrophe!

But that was only the beginning of the drama for me....

🐠🐠🐠

While we were walking back to our hotel room, I realized that it hurt to walk normally. The insides of my leg killed! I tried to place a foot in front of the other, but the pain was unbearable! The only way that it would not hurt is if I walked with my legs apart, like a complete fool. URGH! Why does the world have to be so cruel to me?!?

I decided with the latter and ended up walking back to the hotel looking like I'm wearing a nappy and have done a Number Two or that I'm wearing a massive pad. Perhaps even both.

🐠🐠🐠

Five extremely uncomfortable and painful minutes later, and I've washed the salt away from my body. We decide to go into one of the pools at the resort we are staying at. I make sure that my swimming-short-things are off before I head into the water.

🐠🐠🐠

A couple water slides later and we are back in our hotel room. I head straight into the shower.

As I undress, I notice that on the inside of each leg is a large red patch that hurts like hell. Mum says it's due to the rubbing of the material on mermaid-like-thighs and the salt water.

🐠🐠🐠

The next few days, I leave my swimmer shorts in the hotel room each time we go for a swim. I'd rather avoid that drama to be honest.

🐠🐠🐠

It takes a week - more or less - for the red mark to disappear.

I'm just a preteen, and not know much about life, but I do know one thing... beaches suck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And that's the first chapter of "Dramas of a Preteen"! Yay! What do you all think? Is it a good chapter? Is it a good idea to go on with?

I might not update this book as often as I'll be pretty busy with my other books, school, homework, reading, homework and just being me. (It takes a lot of effort to be myself!)

Dedication: no-one_knows

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment

Follow

And recommend with friends!

Love ya all!
Missy_Potter13