♛ MAD-EYE MOODY ♛

Start from the beginning

"So- straight into it. Curses. They come in many strengths and forms. Now, seen as though you are in your sixth year, I have been permitted to teach you what illegal Dark curses look like, but in my opinion, the younger you start the better. So the fourth years have begun learning about them as well. Tell me, how are you supposed to defend something you've never seen? A wizard who's about to put an illegal curse on you isn't going to tell you what he's about to do. He's not going to do it nice and polite to your face. You need to be prepared. You need to be alert and watchful."

The whole class was listening intently. Most of them were shocked that fourteen year olds were being taught about Dark Curses, but at the moment, they had bigger things to worry about.

"So... do any of you know which curses are most heavily punished by wizarding law?"

Several hands rose tentatively in the air, Aurora's and Blanca's among them. Moody pointed at Blanca. "You." he said. "Your name?"

"Blanca De Luca." she replied in a clear, confident voice. "My Papa told me about one. The Imperius Curse."

"Ah yes." the man nodded his head. "De Luca did you say? Well your father would know about that. Gave him and Sebastian Bianco quite a lot of trouble in the Italian Ministry a few years back. You remember Miss Black?" he asked Aurora who was nodding her head along with what Moody was saying.

"Yes sir. My Uncle Sebastian and Auntie Chiara told me and my brother about it. They were working every day to put an end to it." Moody grunted in acknowledgement before getting to his feet. He opened his desk drawer and took out a glass jar. Three huge black spiders were scuttling around inside it. Aurora saw Blanca visibly grimace. She hated spiders.

Moody reached into the jar and pulled out one of the spiders, before placing it in his palm for everyone to see.

He then pointed his wand at it, and muttered 'Imperio!'

The spider leapt from Moody's hand and straight onto Adam's desk in the front row. The boy stared at it, unfazed- so the Professor made it jump onto his head. He let out a loud yelp before trying to knock it off. Everyone burst into laughter. The spider then jumped off Adam's head and onto Blanca's desk. She screamed very loudly and tried to hit it with her bag.

A Gryffindor with dreadlocks in the second row was laughing so hard he fell straight off his chair. Moody noticed this and made the spider jump off Blanca's desk... and straight onto the boy's face. He let out a panicked yell and tried to claw the spider off his face. He scrambled off the floor and began to run around like a headless chicken- blinded by the large arachnid obscuring his vision.

Everyone was in fits of laughter by this point. Everyone except Aurora who merely smirked in slight amusement. Moody- aiming to startle her- made the spider jump so quickly it was a blur straight onto the Beauxbatons girl's arm. Instead of jumping out of her skin like everyone else had done, she simply stared down at it in mild surprise. The girl giggled as the it crawled up her arm, tickling slightly. Everyone in the room was looking at her in amazement. She didn't seem fazed by the spider at all. Eventually, the laughter died down as Moody made the arachnid return to his desk.

"Total control." he said quietly. "I could make it jump out of the window, drown itself, throw itself down one of your throats..."

Blanca shuddered.

"Years back, there were a lot of witches and wizards being controlled by the Imperius Curse. Some job for the Ministry, trying to sort out who was being forced to act, and who was acting of their own free will.