𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

Start from the beginning

"So," Niall starts once Zoe has left the room, and I turn to meet his gaze, "When are you going to break up with the douche?"

The way Niall said douche made Kelsey and I let out a laugh, making the room's awkward and tense air shift into a more relaxed and light state.

"I'm going over to his place later today." I shrug, and Kelsey looks at me as if I've grown two heads.

"Alone?" Kelsey exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes again. "I think Zoe is right and you have gone mad."

Niall nodded in agreement and I just shrugged, "Well, I can't really hop on over there with any of you now, can I? He's going to be suspicious, plus he did say he was sorry and I'm sure he's calm enough to talk to."

I hope.

"You'll call us if anything happens, right?" Niall asks, and I nod.

"'Course I will." Zoe finally re-entered the kitchen with a pleased smile on her face. Actually, no, she was grinning.

"Guess who just got a call from Vogue, asking me if the lovely Ms. McKenna Prentiss would love to grace the cover for the month of August." Zoe speaks with a very happy tone, and my jaw grew slack, leaving me shocked at Zoe's words.

"W-what?" I was shocked, really shocked. The cover of Vogue? Why would they want me? I mean, there are more influential, fuck, there are more beautiful models that are more deserving than I am, why are they asking me.

Oh My God, I have no words. I sat there with my mouth parted in shock, while Zoe, Niall and Kelsey looked at me with wide grins.

"Oh my gosh!" Kelsey exclaimed, quickly hopping off her seat and racing over to hug me. "I'm so proud of you!"

"I-, Oh my god." I couldn't even construct a sentence. I was too shocked and fucking speechless.

"Say something!" Zoe exclaims, laughing at my shocked state. Kelsey grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me, very aggressively I might add, repeating 'Kenna's gonna be in Vogue!'

"I'm gonna be on the cover of Vogue." I whispered to myself once Kelsey had finally stopped shaking me, letting Zoe's words ring in my ears. I finally grinned, my eyes pooling with tears, but these were happy tears.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna be on the cover of Vogue!" I exclaimed, screaming which made Zoe, Niall and Kelsey laugh.

"Oh my god!" I instinctively reached for my phone, and scrolling through my contacts before I stopped on his number, quickly calling him before I could even think about what I was doing.

"Hello?" His voice was what made me snap out of my thoughts, and my grin quickly faded. What the fuck was I thinking. Zoe, Niall and Kelsey looked at me with wide eyes, and I couldn't hang up now, he already answered. "McKenna? Is everything alright?"

"Uh-, hey, yeah everything's fine. Sorry I called." I answered, finally finding my voice after I had cleared my throat a few times. I quickly left the room, rushing into my studio where I knew Zoe, Niall and Kelsey wouldn't bother me.

"This is unexpected. What's up, ange- sorry, What's up Kenna?" He asks, and I swear I heard my heart crack when he stopped himself from calling me angel. I did miss him, I missed him entirely, but that still didn't erase what he did.

"Uh- Zoe had some exciting news, and I immediately thought of calling you. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you or something. Fuck, you have a show today, you must be busy with soundcheck and all of those." I was rambling, of course I was, who wouldn't be.