escape

"Come on finn" sed shanna grabbing his hand and practically dragging him across the stone floor of glengavin.

"Ok ok im coming" finn sed following them up the tall spiral staircase to the battlements. culloden ran ahead of his sister. Finn was like their uncle and they always played with him.

"Look at me," he said. jumping on one of the higher bits of the wall.

"Be careful" sed finn but he could tell by his face that finn was just saying that for the sake of being the adult, but then his smile turned to a surprised frown.

"What is it?" asked shanna.

"It's greencloaks"

"Yey your friends are here! How many?" asked calonden.

"Too many"

"Wee can meet them all!" sed shanna excitedly.

"No" sed finn. "i don't think you should be doing that"

"Whyever not" asked caledon.

"There taking" finn grabbed both their hands and ran down the stairs. he went to the entrance where the greencloaks where fighting some of glengavins guards and to his horror some of the guards were fighting with the greencloaks. he ran to the nearest guard angus. "What's happening?" he asked hurriedly, donn at his side.

"Well your mates attacked and there thorin slugs a us if the slug his yu well yu gi infected"

"Right well that doesn't sound too good" sed Finn drawing his sword. Shanna stepped to Finn's side. He put his arm around her then a big man on a moose ran at connell. It was olvan. but how?

"FINN" he screamed. finn dived at olvan. Donn took on the moose Finn was easily beaten and ran from the man before he could infect him. He turned to the children.

"We must leave you two go ill tell your dad then catch up ok"

"Ok" cursed the children. conol took his sisters hot hand and led her out of glengavin via another exit but when they got there they found a girl with pale skin and wavy black hair. she held a clear waterskin but instead of water there was one of the slugs. the two of the froze.

"Zerif doesn't normally need children but im looking for a maid" she opened the lid of the waterskin and let the parasite wriggle out onto her hand. at first it tried to bury into her skin but she throgh it at shanna. the look of pure terror on his sisters face was enough to make culloden cry. but before it could hit donn came out of nowhere and the parasite burrowed into him. the girl took a step back as finn came running out. he placed his forehead to the one of his spirit animals and they looked into eachothers eyes. then in that last moment of freedom culloden wished for a spirit animal more than ever. a friend you can always trust no matter what happens. even if it was as disappointing as his father's spirit animal. then fin screamed and don turned and ran of with the girl fin lay there crying.

"Finn!" screamed shanna rushing to his side.

"I'll.....be......ok" sed finn through ragged breaths.

"You are the bravest and strongest man i know" sed culloden.

"We must leave" sed Finn.