Oikawa's mum and I got along really well and we would often have tiny gossip sessions about Oikawa, nothing bad just about how many girls approach him everyday and sometimes we even made estimates about how many would confess to him the next day.

I walk up to their porch and lightly press the door bell awaiting the opening of the door, I heard the door unlock and I hoped that the figure standing behind it was Oikawa however I was wrong as it was his mother who had a wide and joyous grin on her face as soon she she saw me.

"Y/n!!" She throws her arms around me and pulls me into a warm embrace as she sings my name.

I pull away from her embrace to greet her, "Hiya Mrs.Oikawa I just came to check up on your son since I haven't heard anything from him in a short while..." my hand finds it's way to the back of my head and it begins to rub it as a form of comfort for my nerves.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that sweetie, my Tooru he...he's not coping well..." She tries her best to maintain her smile but it soon fades.

"Do you mind if I use your kitchen...I-I wanted to surprise him with some milk bread and honey lemon tea" I know for a fact that these two items are Oikawa's favourite food and drink.

"How considerate of you dear! Our tea sachets are in the cupboard above the kettle and we have some fresh lemons in the fridge, make yourself at home sweetie" her bright smile returns upon hearing my request and she claps her hands together in excitement, she enjoys my company as I'm easy to talk to apparently I'd never say that about myself but I'll speak with her nonetheless and listen to any concerns that she has.

It feels nice to have a motherly figure in my life...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"It smells lovely dear, thank you so much" she delicately takes the mugs and puts them on a tray along with a plate of sliced up milk bread.

"No thank you ma'am, you very kindly let me into your home when I showed up unannounced..." I flash her a smile of contentment before picking up the tray and walking up the stairs that led to Oikawa's room.

Once I reached his door I took a deep breath and gently opened the door only to be met with  the chocolate haired male sitting directly in front of his TV watching what I presumed to be a volleyball match from the sounds of balls hitting the ground.

I place the tray down on his bedside table and rest my hands on my hips before speaking up, "you're going to need a stronger prescription of lenses for your glasses if you continue to sit that close" I giggle at my remark only to be met with silence. My smile fades as I notice the pile of crumpled up tissues sitting next to him, how long has he been crying for?