14 | broken streets & dreaming

Start from the beginning

He said he wanted to give the two of them a good life, and didn't want her to have to work anymore, especially at her shit job. Her 'shit job', as Bakugou now knew, was something she loved, and made a pretty penny in, he assumed. 

The parents of heroes needed someone they could trust. Not a small fee, if Bakugou had any thoughts on the matter. 

That Argo was from months ago, when he had asked him for a small pay bump because he was moving to a new apartment and needed to put in a down payment, since his girlfriend had just gotten out of college and couldn't afford anything other than a normal rent and food for the month.

He obliged, seeing that Argo had been working extremely hard at the agency lately, even taking some late nights and extra shifts to try and get better. The problem was with the gossip surrounding him though.

He apparently never had the same girl coming to visit him at work. He always had a revolvingytfcx door of women bringing him lunch, and when Bakugou brought him into his office to question his intentions one day, the fucker lied through his perfectly straight teeth.

"We have an open relationship. We've been together over two years though." Was the excuse given, Argo showed him a few pictures of you two over the last few years, and then had him leave his office.

It's none of his business to pry into other people's relationships, but when he was thinking Argo only got a pay raise to shell out money to women? That's when Bakugou got pissy.

He'd decided an internal investigation was necessary, and had a couple of his HR team to look into it. He didn't need to be paying someone to pay prostitutes. Especially when that someone had someone at home. 

His story checked out, he did have an apartment with his long term girlfriend, and didn't give money to random women. He just had random hookups from time to time. The money he'd asked for was paying for a new apartment they'd just signed the lease on. 

The extra hours he put in at work had apparently gotten him a better skillset, too. 

One that Dynamight wasn't able to handle alone.

"I did what any reasonable boyfriend did with their whore girlfriends. I put her in her place." Argo said, leaning down as Katsuki struggled underneath the rubble, feeling a sharp pain in his chest from all angles. He could barely breathe.

The awareness he's gained over years of perfecting his quirk and skills, he knew when something was wrong in his body, especially after his post-death experience when he was seventeen. He knew that Argo had done some damage. 

His ribs were broken. So was an arm and possibly both legs.

The moment the word whore left Argo's mouth, the boiling hot pit of rage that was already in his stomach got hotter, anger burning in his red irises. He knew he wasn't going to be able to beat him on his own though. He had surveyed the scene before him fifteen minutes ago and knew Icy-Hot was in an alley with a couple of his own sidekicks.

He threw away all of the pride his inner voice was telling him he needed to keep alive, and looked to his former classmate for help. 

Todoroki got off of the wall and a fire ignited around his eyes and shoulders on his left side. His right became cold to the touch, and the other heroes on the sidelines watched as he stalked forward, his right foot touching the ground and creating a path of ice to Argo.

His ice shot off and towards Argo, who quickly sprang up into the air right after morphing his legs. He shot towards the side of a building, and stuck to it when he landed, a smirk gracing his features as the wind whipped his dark hair from his face.