Four - Sports Festival

Start from the beginning

"I see..." Midoriya mumbled into his hand as he watched from the stands.

"What?" Uraraka turned to him.

"She used the water to cover her whole body in an almost invisible layer, so that Mineta's balls would stick to the water, not her skin." He explained. 'Hm.' A small impressed smile spread to his freckled cheeks. "And then he had to go and make that comment."

Ren's movement was back to normal as she marched up to the once again trembling Grape head. She slapped Mineta so hard that he landed against the concrete wall of the stands and out of the boundary for his comment. "The winner is Ren Chinami!" Present Mic's voice erupted through the stands.

"I guessth... She doesthn't want... To touch my ballths..." Mineta stuttered as he slid down the wall, a small indentation in the shape of the short perv was left on the side of the stands.

"Yikes... I wouldn't wanna say the wrong thing to her, huh Bakugo?" Kirishima nudged Bakugo's arm.

"Whatever." Bakugo grumbled and narrowed his eyes at Ren. So, she was through to the next round too then. "If I'm up against her next, she's toast."

Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya, and Ren were all advancing to the next round. The next deciding match was Yaoyorozu and Rin, of which she came out the victor. Sero defeated Shoji, Kirishima bested Kaminari and Shinso beat Tokoyami. Dark Shadow was the one who let his tongue slip, and so Shinso was able to take over Tokoyami's quirk.

Ren sat in the preparation room with the other students, waiting for their next matches. She frowned as the names appeared on the screen, though, it was bound to happen at some point. Sero was up against Bakugo first, followed by Deku and Kirishima. Then it was her and Todoroki, followed by Yaoyorozu and Shinso. She glanced over at Todoroki, he frowned at the screen too and then turned to her. His half and half power matched his gaze, it was ice cold and filled with fiery rage at the same time.

For weeks he'd been eyeing her suspiciously, watching her every move. Wondering why Mr Aizawa would treat her differently, wondering where she really came from, and what her true strength was. Ren was growing tired of his suspicious glances and cold demeanour. She assumed it was out of jealousy, that he couldn't handle there was someone out there more highly recommended than him. It was exhausting dealing with his narrowed eyes and cold stares when Bakugo was giving her the same level of malice. Sure, she'd annoyed them both pretty early on but she didn't think it was anything enough to justify the hatred she felt from both of them.

Once the matches had commenced again, Bakugo took down Sero quickly, while Midoriya and Kirishima fought for a while. Todoroki and Ren walked down the long hallway together in silence. She could feel his hatred for her growing and boy had she had enough.

They stepped up the battleground, death staring each other the whole time. Present Mic sounded the start of their match and Todoroki slammed his foot to the ground as soon as his voice rang out, sending a house-sized wall of ice towards Ren.

She stood her ground and held her hand out in front of her. The mass of ice hit her palm, sending her back a few paces until she took control and stopped the ice in its tracks, exhaling an icy breath before glancing up at Todoroki through the strands of hair that had fallen into her vision. Todoroki gritted his teeth and spread his weight onto his right foot more to increase the power of his attack. Ren placed her other hand on the growing ice building and pushed back. Frost crawled up Todoroki's leg. 'Hn.' He stopped his attack and clenched his fists.

"We've been over this before." Ren said plainly. She brought her hands into fists and the ice structure burst into millions of fragments before melting. Droplets fell from the sky like rainstorm, saturating both of them and creating puddles around the battleground. "You might have to use your other side again."