"Sir, can you hear me" Sylvie asked as the man started seizing. 

"He's seizing" Natalie spoke. 

"There's blood on his leg" Matt pointed out. 

"Sir, I'm going to look at your leg" Natalie said as Stella poured some water on her hands to clean them off a bit. 

Natalie then moved down towards the man's feet, and carefully, she pulled the denim away from the man's right leg. At first, all I saw was blood, but when my eyes adjusted, I was introduced to something else. It looked like something was eating away at his skin.

"What the hell is that" Jay asked. 

"I have no idea" Natalie answered.

.................................................

"Do we know anything about John Doe" Nat asked Jay, Kelly, Matt, Sylvie, and I as we stood in the waiting room. 

"No, sorry" Sylvie responded. 

"Well, he didn't have a wallet on him" Natalie said. 

"And his phone is locked" Will added. 

"All he said was 'BRT'" Matt said. 

"He has a severely infected leg, so we're running a culture to see if we can pinpoint the pathogen" Natalie informed us. 

"And although seizure isn't normally a symptom, the visual presentation and the speed with which the infection's spreading indicates this bug is causing necrotizing fasciitis. More popularly known as flesh-eating bacteria" Will explained. 

"Don't worry, it's not contagious, and only about four in a million people get it every year" Natalie said. 

"How do you get it" Kelly asked.

"Necrotizing fasciitis, it enters through a break in the skin and just destroys the tissue under the epidermis. It would really help us treat this guy if we knew who he was" Will stated and looked towards Jay and I. 

"We can't open a case file without a crime" I say. 

"But we'll run prints and check traffic cam footage. Maybe make out some kind of an ID" Jay said. 

"We appreciate it" Nat responded.

Jay and I were searching through everything in attempts to find out who our guy was, but before we could get far, we were called by Sylvie and Emily, who had found some more bodies affected by necrotizing fasciitis, and this time they were dead. So, we headed over there to see if we could get some information.

"It's the same thing that guy had at Soldier Field, necrotizing fasciitis" Sylvie told Jay and I as we arrived at the scene. 

"Med said the chances of infection in this bacteria are four in one million, per year, and that it's not contagious. Now we've got three cases in the same city, in the same week" Emily pointed out. 

"Yn and I were able to identify the first patient from Soldier Field. His name's Stuart Anderson, he's a student at Central Chicago University, and he was in the Peace Corps" Jay said. 

"Well, could he have traveled somewhere and contracted it" Sylvie asked. 

"He spent last summer in Botswana, but the doctors that we spoke to said it would be unlikely for the bacteria to be dormant in his system this long before erupting" I explain. 

"Maybe it's a new strain" Emily suggested. 

"We're just cops. That's above our pay grade" Jay said.