"L'Manburg should be right above us, if the directions Eret gave us were right," Dream whispered. The other two instantly sobered at the news, all thoughts of the previous collision gone as they looked up, imagining the separate server above them.

Dream took out a pickaxe, Sapnap grabbed a torch from the wall for light, and George pulled out the TNT from his inventory. The trio shared a solemn nod before getting to work. The man in green led them into the walls, carving a path as quietly as he could. George placed the bombs in intervals as they went.

They began traveling at an incline, eventually digging through soft dirt. Roots trailed over their heads and shoulders as the final pieces of TNT were placed.

Dream broke through the last bit of soil at the surface and poked his head out cautiously. The way seemed to be clear, because he dropped to a knee and made a temporary foothold by clasping his hands together.

"Sapnap, you go first," he whispered, nodding up to the light shining into their tunnel. "Punz has an escape route for us at the southeast corner."

The youngest of the three placed a foot on Dream's hands and was hoisted up out of the hole. He immediately took off past the hot dog truck sitting a few meters away to meet Punz, leaving George to brace himself as he was lifted up a few seconds later.

He looked back down into the hole, extending a hand to Dream. With their combined effort, George pulling and Dream climbing, Dream was able to get up onto the grass as well. They shared a brief, celebratory smile.

It crossed Dream's mind as he looked at George, and Sapnap sprinting to the wall behind him, that he missed these little adventures with his friends. He realized as he allowed himself a moment to examine George's features, dusted slightly with dirt from all their digging, that he particularly missed time spent with him.

If it weren't for the business that came from running a server with a growing population, and especially the intricacies of fighting a war to keep them united, maybe there would've been time for their relationship to grow closer. In recent weeks, it had been stunted by so much time spent apart.

A light shade of pink made its way across Dream's cheeks, traveling from freckle to freckle like stepping stones, as he turned back to the hole in the ground. If he was being honest, he wanted their relationship to go further, maybe even past friendship if George was okay with it. 

After he finished covering the hole with dirt, the pair stood up and started towards the corner where Punz and now Sapnap were waiting for them. However, voices suddenly came from inside the hot dog truck, and Dream tugged on George's arm to hide them around the back of the vehicle.

Dream could feel George's heart beating rapidly against his own as they listened to the voices, which became less and less muffled as the occupants moved to the door and opened it.

A voice, sounding like it was speaking in all capital letters, rang out into the air with the walls of the truck no longer containing it.

"--telling you, Tubbo, I'm a changed man. The gods have spoken to me, and they're telling me to spread the message of Prime to everyone."

"But what does that have to do with my diamonds?" A second voice spoke, equally as young but slightly more subdued.

"I'm with Tubbo on this one, Tommy, you can't just make up a religion to convince people to give you money."

Dream and George's eyes, wide with panic, met. The third, smooth voice undoubtedly belonged to Wilbur, the leader of L'Manburg. Just their luck that the founding members of L'Manburg themselves would be meeting near the exit of the tunnel of explosives. If Dream or George were to be found now, their whole plan could be undermined. Their presence would be incredibly suspicious, and their proximity to the tunnel would surely bring attention to the upturned dirt of the hole.