⤷ 15| EXPLANATIONS NEEDED

Start from the beginning

What if they didn't believe them?

However, she hadn't much time to think about the consequences as they encountered Professor McGonagall.

The elder witch halted abruptly, her eyes darting from Ron to Snape to eventually land on Sirius.

"Black," she said, eying June, "I do hope you have a good explanation for all of this."

"Sirius is innocent, it was Peter who betrayed uncle James and aunt Lily," June summed up. "And Remus is a werewolf, but I think you already knew that."

For a moment, no one spoke up.

"That's ridiculous," Professor McGonagall said, shaking her head.

"I have prove, Professor," June replied, taking Peter out of her pocket. "This is Peter Pettigrew. He's an animagus."

"You're talking nonsense, Black."

"She's not," Harry spoke up. "Sirius is innocent."

"I shall bring you to Dumbledore with this," Professor McGonagall eventually said, her eyes staying on Sirius.

"How about Ron and Professor Snape?" Hermione asked worriedly.

"Take them to Madam Pomfrey," Professor McGonagall ordered before looking at Harry, Sirius and June. "You three, follow me."

With a flick of her wand, the bodies of Snape and Ron started flying towards the hospital wing, closely followed by Hermione.

Juniper took Hermione's place under Sirius arm, after she had put Peter back into her pocket, and supported him while they made their way towards Dumbledore's office.

"Acid Pops," Professor McGonagall told the gargoyle. It moved and they climbed the stairs. The door to his office was open and as they walked in, Professor Dumbledore looked up. June couldn't tell whether he was surprised or not.

His blue eyes darted from Professor McGonagall to Juniper, to Sirius to eventually fall onto Harry.

"I think this needs some explaining," was the only thing he said.

Juniper gestured at Harry, since he had heard the whole story, and helped Sirius sit down onto one of the chairs as her cousin started to explain.

"May I see Peter?" Dumbledore questioned.

June took Pettigrew, who had started to move again, and handed him over to Dumbledore, who examined the rat closely. Then, he pulled out his wand from his robes and pointed it at the rat, who was squeaking loudly.

The spell hit him and slowly, Pettigrew transformed back into his human form.

Professor McGonagall gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. Juniper didn't move as she watched Pettigrew look around in fear.

"And so we meet again, Peter," Dumbledore said calmly. "Looks like I have a lot to talk about with Cornelius."

Peter shivered in fear under Dumbledore's blue eyes.

"Minerva, would you please escort Harry, Juniper and Sirius to the hospital? I'll join you as soon as I have contacted Cornelius."

Professor McGonagall nodded. "Follow me, Potter, Black and — er — Black."

June and Sirius exchanged an identical grin.

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper leaned back in her chair as she watched Madam Pomfrey patch Sirius back up. Professor McGonagall had enlightened her about what had happened and Madam Pomfrey had been fussing over him ever since.

Harry sat next to her, looking very tired.

"Why don't you go and lay down for a while?" Juniper suggested. "You look like you need a nap."

Harry yawned before nodding. He stood up and laid down onto the bed next to Sirius'. Soon enough, he was asleep.

Juniper glanced at Sirius, who was know cleaned up.

"Hello, kid," he said, smiling tiredly at her.

"Hi," June replied, shuffling onto her chair so she was now facing him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Madame Pomfrey can heal everyone," he said, loud enough for the matron to hear.

"Still as charming as ever, I see," Madame Pomfrey replied, a small smile playing on her lips, before she bowed over Ron.

Sirius looked back at Juniper. "Now, let me have a good look at you. The last time I saw you, you were three, almost four."

Juniper smiled sadly.

"And now I'm sixteen, almost seventeen."

"Time flies," Sirius hummed.

Juniper tilted her head, suddenly remembering something.

"Where you the one who gave me the ring?"

Sirius nodded. "Your mother asked me to give it to you."

"Thanks for giving it to me."

Sirius smiled. "Anytime, kiddo."

☆ ☆ ☆

Published 8.10.2020

I hope you enjoyed it & tell me what you think of it!

Uncle Sirius is in the house!!