⤷ 15| EXPLANATIONS NEEDED

Start from the beginning

A cloud shifted. There were suddenly dim shadows on the ground. Their party was bathed in moonlight.

Snape collided with Remus, Pettigrew and Ron, who had stopped abruptly. Sirius and June froze. He flung out an arm to make Harry and Hermione stop.

June could see Remus' silhouette. He had gone rigid. Then his limbs began to shake.

"Oh my —" Hermione gasped. "He didn't take his Potion tonight! He's not safe!"

"Run," Sirius whispered. "Run! Now!"

But Juniper couldn't run. Ron was chained to Pettigrew and Remus. Harry, who was thinking the same as she did, leapt forwards but Sirius caught him around the chest and threw him back.

"Leave it to me — RUN!"

There was a terrible snarling noise. Remus' head was lengthening. So was his body. His shoulders were hunching. Hair was sprouting visibly on his face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws. Crookshanks's fur was on end again, he was backing away —

As the werewolf reared, snapping its long jaws, Sirius disappeared from Harry's side. He had transformed. The enormous, bear-like dog bounded forwards. As the werewolf wrenched itself free if the manacle binding it, the dog seized it around the neck and pulled it backwards, away from Ron and Pettigrew.

They were locked, jaw to jaw, claws ripping at each other —

June stood, transfixed by the sight; too intent upon the battle to notice anything worse. A look of pure horror appeared on her face upon seeing Remus turn into a werewolf. It was Hermione's scream that alerted her —

Pettigrew had dived for Remus' dropped wand. Ron, unsteadily on his bandaged leg, fell. There was a bang, a burst of light — and Ron lay motionless in the ground. Another bang — Crookshanks flew into the air and back to the earth in a heap.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled, pointing his own wand at Pettigrew; Remus' wand flew high into the air and out of sight. "Stay where you are!" Harry shouted, running forwards.

But it was too late. Pettigrew has transformed. June saw his bald tail whip through the manacle on Ron's outstretched arm, and heard a scurrying through the grass.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

Juniper was relieved to see her aim didn't fail her as the curse hit the small figure of Pettigrew.

The black haired girl leapt forwards, scooped the rat up and put him into her pocket, making sure to close it so he couldn't escape.

There was a howl and a rumbling growl; Juniper turned to see the werewolf taking flight; it was galloping into the Forest —

"I've got Pettigrew!" June exclaimed.

Sirius was bleeding; there were gashes across his muzzle and back, but at her words he scrambled up again, and turned back into his human form. He stumbled and June rushed towards him to support him.

"Are you alright?"

Her hazel eyes were observing him worriedly.

"I'm fine," Sirius mumbled, staring at her, as if enchanted by the hazel in it.

"Ron!" Hermione squealed from behind them, making them turn around.

Ron's eyes were only half-closed; his mouth hung open. He was definitely alive, they could hear him breathing, but he didn't seem to recognize them.

"We'd better get them up to the castle and tell someone," Harry said, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "Come on."

While June levitated both Snape and Ron as Harry and Hermione supported Sirius. When they entered the castle, June suddenly hesitated.