chapter 2

Heyyyyyyy so here's chapter 2!! I want to throw thanks out there to my friend Michelle for not making me look like a dumb ass when she read my book! ;D Especially considering at the moment she's probably the only one reading ittttt. Anyway hope you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Nicks POV:

Sweat dripped down my face as I spit some blood on the floor. Dang, this kid was good. But I'm better, I always am. I slowly brought my head back up to a smirking boy; well I should say 'man' because he was so huge. His muscle rippled and I could see success flash in his eyes. Not today kid I thought. I brought my fist back and punched him right across the jaw, satisfied when I heard a snap. He staggered backwards but before he regained his balance I kicked him in the stomach, hearing another crack from his ribs. He looked up blood dripping from his nose, he was pissed. I saw what was coming next from a mile away. He brought his fist back and swung it around. I ducked expertly, and as I squatted, brought my foot around his making him fall backwards. I kicked him once more in the ribs while he was down, just for pleasure, than put my foot on his neck blocking his airways slightly.

"Give up yet?"

"Sh!t!! Who the hell are you and where did you learn that?!"

I just chuckled and walked off the mat. My teacher patted me on the shoulder.

"Nice job today kid, go shower up"

I let the warm shower fall down my back. Kick boxing was one of my favorite "exercises." I always had so much pent up anger and loved to take it out on some poor sucker. It wasn't fancy kickboxing where if someone gets a black and blue you back off, no, it was kickboxing until one of you was on the floor about to die. And I liked it that way.

I drove home, this time deciding to take my Ford pickup instead, still mad because of the rain. That was my other baby. My beautiful 10' F 150 with 38' wheels and a 7 inch lift white truck. Now that was hard to pay for, but I managed to scrimmage up some money from some kickboxing fights. I backed into the driveway and walked inside thinking of the boy in the fight. No one had ever come that close to beating me before. It was almost a pity to mess up his handsome little face. I walked into my house to find a stack of mail. I quickly scanned through them and was about to throw them back down when one caught my eye. In big letters across it spelt out "JULIARD."

James's POV:

How the HE!! Did that girl beat me?! I am the best fighter in the gang, well was the best, until yesterday. I chuckled as I thought back to their faces. They should have thought about what damage I could do to them before going behind my back; well, their replaceable. No loss there. But I couldn't get that damn girl out of my head! Anger built up in me and I shot another round getting them all dead center of the target. I reloaded my mag. 44 and shot my last round then packed up. She was pretty hot, and being an awesome kick boxer just made her all the sexier.

As I drove off I started contemplating who I could get to replace my old men. Yea, I might have only been a senior in high school, but I was head of the gang. Well, almost, the real boss was never there, so I did what he told me to and everyone else did what I told them too. But I worked my ass off to get to where I was, hundreds of fights, killings, and broken bones.

I started driving deeper into the slums knowing I could find a few druggies to use until I found someone more... suitable. I parked on the side of the road and stepped out onto the walk. Like clockwork I heard the click of a gun going off of safety. I sighed and spoke to whatever moron was dumb enough to put a gun to my back.

"You do know who I am don't you?"

"Yyesss... tthat'ss whhy I-I have tthis gun to youu're back" he said not very persuasive in trying to hide his fear

"Ok bud, listen, put the gun down and I might think about letting you join the gang. You got guts to put that there pistol to my back"

"I-I don't wwant to bbe in your ddumb gang. You killed my brother" I could tell he was starting to lose his fear. Hmm I thought, must have been one of the asses I shot the other day.

"Last chance..."

"NO! You killed..."

I promptly cut him off as I turned around lifting my foot up, swiftly kicking the gun out of his hands. His arms fell limply at his sides and fear flashed through his eyes. I round house kicked him and he staggered backwards into the concrete wall then fell down.

"Give up"

"No. You killed him. You took the only one who believed in me. The only one who loved me, and the only one I loved"

I chuckled and grabbed his gun from where it had fallen on the side walk then pointed it at his face. Fear left his eyes and replaced with loss, pain, and anger. A tear drop rolled down his face. I was about to pull the trigger, my finger flinched so close, and then I stopped. I've never stopped in the middle of a kill before, but this boy... I put the gun in my pants on the small of the back and lowered my hand to him. He gave me a questioning look then took it and got up.

"Why?" he asked me.

"I don't know. What's your name?"

"Adam. Adam Jones"

"Adam eh? Ok Adam. Come with me."

"Why...?"

"Because you're my new partner."

"What makes you think I want to be your partner?" I gave him my best 'you're an fn retard if you don't look' he contemplated it for a moment, I saw something flash through his face, but it was too quick, so I ignored it.

"Fine, I'm in."

Woo hoo! Chapter 2 is done!! If you're confused comment and I'll try to explain or I'll change the story around a bit! I'm really excited for where this is going :D