Prologue

My life was normal. Was. That was before my parents were murdered. Before then everything was normal, no freaky Angeli (Angels in Italian) or mangiatori di anima (Soul eaters). Let's start from the beginning, my name is Belle Rosalind Blackwood. I have long dirty-blonde hair and turquoise eyes, I am eighteen. I also had an un-identical twin sister, but she ran away a long time ago. I am a demone guardiano (Guardian demon) I was, like the rest of my kind, created to protect the Earth from Angeli and mangiatori di anima. But I didn't know about any of this, at all. A demone guardiano can do a number of things a human can't and each one has a type of magic they specialize in. I mean we are like witches and wizards, only without the wands and cloaks and spells. We can do magic at any moment without saying a spell, also we can transform into one animal.

My parents, Elizabeth Blackwood and Richard Blackwood, were murdered by Angeli and I couldn't help them. But before they died, they handed me a handbook and in that book were all the notes about what we were and what we do. My father had handwritten it and there were detailed sketches with labels and all sorts in it. According to the book my parents were two of the best demoni del guardiano (Guardian demons) that ever lived. After my parents died, I moved to London, England.