Chapter 2

"Sophie now remember when your about to leave you take your medicine ok because I don't want you coming home and I see you with a terrible rash all over you It wouldn't be nice" my aunt Josephine lectured me with her thick Mexican accent. I rolled my eyes because she saw me take the medicine aka pollenterian anti-bioethics. Pollenterian isn't a disease it's the name of the Anti-bioethics.

I said my goodbyes to my aunt and made my way inside the school building opening the double doors of the entrance.

The first thing I knew I needed to do was go to my locker and grab some of the snacks I always hid in there. Crisps, chocolates,sweets and drinks. It was these times that I thanked God that I worked at McDonald's and earned that extra money that could help me and aunt Josephine. My parents died in a car accident when I was just 3 so my aunt took me in.

Now here I am 15 years later,walking down the halls of Lawrence high school and bumping into my ex boyfriend.

I knew it was him as soon as I bumped into his chest and the cologne coming from him. I recognised him straight away.

He grabbed me by the waist to steady me from falling on the floor and hitting my self which I was grateful for.

We never broke up because one cheated on the other. We grew apart. We stopped hanging out with each other like we used to and stopped talking with the awkwardness.

"Sorry I should really watch where I was going" he said with his head down.

"You know what you should"i yelled and bumped shoulders with him for extra affect.

I walked away hurriedly not letting him see my watery eyes. As soon as I got to my locker I started to dump sweets and fizzy drinks and jumbo Crips packets into my bag. "What's up Sophie. You know you should be happy because we're not gonna be in here all day we're gonna be happy and out and eating food and we don't have to be in the wrath of me pedophile aka Mr dob so-"but before leo could carry on Isabella stopped him pausing his lips with her hands. "Ok now stop rambling" she said. Isabella was in my homeroom class but in our first year around September to mid November it was always hello and bye. Until Mr dob our geometry teacher gave us homework that I completely miss understood Isabella helped me. Our friendship grew from there.

But then Leo is a completely different style. Leo and me have been neighbours for forever. Aunt Josephine put her house up for sale so she moved into our house since it was closer to the cemetery and my school was 5 minutes away. Leo was always the loud one. Eating junk food 24/7 that he would always share with me. Leo and I became friends in middle school when Leo's ass was saved from a detention by me.

But then Caden. Caden is a whole different story. Me and Caden met in freshman year. Caden was my science partner. He said as always there to make me laugh and hug and sooth me when no one else would. But that all changed when me and Caden grew apart. Then rumours came out that he was in the Mafia which in my opinion are totally fake.

"Guys it's a field trip and I don't think I'm excited since my best friends are screaming down my ear drum and I may never be able to hear again. And remember what happened last time. I wasn't able to walk for a entire week"i said.

Isabella rolled her eyes at me. "Stop being so immature. We can be closer to nature. Look at the streams and some of the animals as we walk bye. It's amazing how can you not enjoy it" she said. I knew she was a nature nerd but she took it to far when me and Leo declined going hiking with her. She never spoke to us for a week.

The warning bell went and we knew that if we didn't get to class in time miss Deborah wasn't going to be smiling.

___________________________

The coach was a two seater unfortunately and what was an even more let down was we were paired with people which sucked. "Elena and Crawford. Chris and Jessica. Isabella and Cameron. Sophia and Marisa. Taylor and lean. Matt and Alexa. Caden and Sophie"miss leman kept on going. Well that sucked.

We sat in our seats while some groaned some talked and some cried. Some were moody and some looked like they could kill the person they were sitting next to any second. Me on the other hand kept as much distance as possible from Caden. But on thing I knew. He kept on throwing glances at me every second he could muster.

It's been and hour since we left school and all that we could see were trees and grass. Which got boring.

Only seconds later we felt something sharp and the car went skidding three lanes. It was ok at first since we only thought we skidded until the car stopped completely and wouldn't come back on we got worried. We were in the middle of no where and the sun was blazing warm. "Alright everyone of the coach" the driver Frankie yelled. As soon as we had to get of some of the girls began to undress themselves and grab there small blankets and laying down on the blankets shamelessly in there underwear. The boys did the saw but in this case they just took there shirts of.

I walked out and walked all the way to the back to see what caused us the stop. It was a cork kind of thing with a very sharp top which looked bad. But what my attention was the dry blood underneath. "Hey you ok?" I turned around to see Crawford one of Caden's best friends standing there. "Crawford I have a really bad feeling about this. I don't know what it is but something doesn't feel right"i said.

We made our way back to everyone which in this case was bad. Some were marching up and down while some were tanning and some were trying to get service. There wasn't much out here.

"Right me Frankie and miss Simmons are going to find the two missing Tyers. No one wonder of. When we come back I want all of you here by the bus." Miss leman said. We all nodded and they were of In the opposite direction.

I took of my jacket since it was boiling and put it into the bus. I walked out and thought about a bit of exploring. But when I walked a bit of distance I noticed something. Something distant. Wearing all black. And the first thing it did before grabbing the sheets with blood stains on there was turn around and look at me.