"I know you rarely have belongings that are useful, Potter, but stop ogling at your watch and instead try to get some work done." As Draco swooped past him, Harry could smell the deodorant that practically wafted off him. It even smelt expensive. How more obnoxious could this guy be?"
Harry rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Malfoy." he frowned. "At least I don't turn up an hour late."

"It was thirty-two minutes." A hand on the monitor, Draco tapped through the sales so far, entering old receipts. "I thought you at least could perform simple addition, but apparently even those standards were too high."

His dark eyebrows furrowing, Harry squinted his eyes at the pale boy. "Yeah? How's your dad, Malfoy? Did prison treat him well?"

The tips of Draco's ears burned pink and he tightened his fist around a receipt. "Don't you dare insult my father, Potter." He tossed the now-crumpled piece of paper into the bin below him. "Besides, what would you know about fathers?"

If looks could kill, Harry liked to think that Draco would be burning in a pit of hell at this point.

"Twelve o'clock, boys," Hermione announced, tying her apron as she walked, clearly not sensing the tension in the serving area. "Harry, you're off. Draco, Ronald and I now continue until five. Did you guys restock the drinks fridge?"

Draco and Harry looked at Hermione, wanting to continue arguing but not daring to get in her way.

She stared back expectantly.

Swallowing, Harry untied his apron. "Have fun you guys, see you later!" He quickly said, almost tripping as he slid his apron off, not bothering to untie it. He heard Hermione threatening that she would tell McGonagall if he didn't put the apron back on the hook, responding with, "I'm already out the door, sorry, see ya!" As he practically sprinted out of the back entrance, Ron gave him a grimace and a slap on the back.

An older-looking car pulled up in the carpark and Harry hurried over towards it, hugging his arms against his body, wishing he brought a jacket. Opening the door, he swung himself into the passenger seat. "Hey."

"Sup, kiddo." An older man with his black hair tied back into a messy bun took off the handbrake and reversed out onto the road. "How was the shift?"

Harry shrugged, holding his hands together and blowing into them. "Not bad. Malfoy being a dick, as usual. I thought you got the heater fixed?"

"Don't let Remus hear you use language like that." Sirius looked at Harry from the corner of his eye before focusing on the road again. "I mean, I meant to get it fixed. They tried to charge me a few hundred just for them to look at it, though, so I said no fu- no damn way and called it a day." He sniffed, his cheeks pink from the cold. "That rhymed."

Chuckling, Harry leant against the window, listening as Sirius hummed what sounded like an off-key version of Born This Way as he slowed down at a red light.

A thought occurred to Harry. "Did they get into contact with you?"

His fists tightening around the steering wheel, Sirius sighed. "Sorry, mate. They're still not answering the phone."

Harry tried not to look disappointed because he knew his uncles were doing the best they could to make sure Harry had his freedom now that he had turned eighteen. "Thanks for trying."

"We will get a hold of them, Harry," Sirius said firmly. "I'll go to their house and knock down their door if I have to."

This made Harry smile slightly. "Yeah, because Remus would let you do that," he said sarcastically.

Muttering something about 'people can be persuaded' under his breath, Sirius shook his head. "Damn traffic. Turn green, bitch."

Harry snorted, only cackling louder when Sirius quickly made Harry promise not to tell Remus.

"It'll be your fault if he gets mad and doesn't let us have pizza this Friday." Sirius warned the younger boy.

"I'm not even gonna be here on Friday," Harry pointed out which made the grin fall off Sirius' face.

"I'm sorry, Harry," he said quietly. "We're doing what we can. Next time you're over we can have pizza."

Harry shrugged, not wanting to make Sirius feel guilty. "Maybe I can convince the Dursleys to have pizza, too. Even if I have to make it or use my birthday money."

Clenching his jaw, Sirius glared at the traffic as it passed. "There isn't another family in the world that I would most like to see burn in hell, or... step on legos or something. Stuff those guys."

On the pathway next to the growing line of traffic, two people huddled together in the cold, laughing as they walked out of a shop. 

Looking down, Harry rested his head against the headrest. He wouldn't call it jealousy, but he did feel like he was missing out on something. He could just imagine Draco mocking him for even thinking about being in a relationship. An endless reason for Draco's snide comments throughout high school was Harry's relationships that never ended well. 

His first relationship with Cho Chang was a disaster. Having never had a girlfriend before, Harry hadn't known what to do. She was into the sickly sweet kind of relationship stuff, but Harry didn't care for cafes covered in frills with couples kissing at every table. And she cried an absurd amount. Her last boyfriend legitimately died, but Harry didn't cry about it every two seconds so he didn't understand why Cho did. 

Then there was Ron's sister. Ginny was a good relationship when it lasted, but didn't survive high school. As Draco constantly told him they would, they grew apart and just didn't have enough time for each other. 

And then there were all the girls during school that took interest to Harry, but he never really pursued any of them. Each time these girls came, Draco was always there to laugh at them and then poke fun at Harry for it. As if he didn't have anything better to do, Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes. Draco was the dux of multiple classes - the ones that Hermione didn't take, obviously (except Potions. He had Snape's favouritism to help him there) - and was a house captain. How did he also manage to find time to torment Harry? It would remain a mystery.

"I'll have you know," Sirius began, turning into their street. "That you interrupted me cleaning Baby and I do not appreciate it."

Harry cocked an eyebrow. "I'll have you know, that I like to think that I'm more important than your motorcycle."

"You are mistaken," Sirius grinned. "You've gotta get your own car at some point, y'know. I don't think you'd want me or Rem escorting you to your dates."

Harry scoffed. "I highly doubt I'll be going out with any girls in the near future."

At this statement, Sirius glanced at Harry quizzically before quickly looking back at the street. "Alright, buddy."

Wondering why Sirius sounded weird all of a sudden, Harry looked at him but saw no answers in his facial expression. Another mystery.

Turning off the engine, Sirius unbuckled. "Alright, out you get. My true love awaits me."

Shoving his phone into his pocket as he climbed out of the car, Harry squinted. "I thought Remus was still at work?"

Sirius looked at him judgmentally. "Clearly I'm talking about my motorbike"

"Right. Clearly."