one

- Chapter One -
"Same to you, Hermione."

Piper and Cedric were sat in a tree

This wasn't odd for them, they would often go tree climbing, with Ashley too, but she wasn't here today. Their friend was busy with family matters, her parents were getting a divorce and she was stuck at a custody battle between her parents. Cedric and his father, Amos, had invited the two girls to the Quidditch World Cup, but only Piper could come, under strict instructions to stay close to Cedric at all times from her father.

"I love the sun." Piper sighed, leaning her head back against the tree, her yellow raincoat rustling as she crossed her arms lazily.

"I know you do." Cedric laughed, playing with the straps of his backpack. "I like it too." He sighed, squinting up at the bright, yellow sphere in the sky. It was very early in the morning and it had only just risen.

"Not as much as you like Cho Chang." She retorted teasingly, watching him smile at the mere thought of her fellow fifth-year.

"Not as much as you liked Cho Chang." He hit her leg slightly and she laughed at the memory. Second year, Piper had the biggest crush on the Ravenclaw, but it soon dissipated when Cedric took a slight liking to her.

"Shut up." Piper laughed, fiddling with the sleeves of her coat. "That was ages ago."

"That was three years ago." He countered, laughing as they engaged in a thumb war randomly. Their fingers pressed against each other harshly as they each tried to win. "Yes!" Cedric pumped a fist in the air when Piper lost.

"Just because you're stronger." She narrowed her eyes playfully, the same wide smile still stuck on her face.

"That is the point of the game." He nodded and they started to laugh whilst nudging each other's legs with theirs. Piper giggled as she nearly fell out of the tree but stabilised herself and Cedric tried to stifle a laugh.

"Arthur!" Amos Diggory exclaimed from below and the two Hufflepuffs stopped their game and peered down to the ground to see Arthur Weasley approaching with his children behind him, accompanied by two other kids, one being Harry Potter, the famous boy who lived. "It's about time, son."

The two friend looked to each other and smiled. "Sorry, Amos." Arthur apologised. "Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." He looked back at Ron Weasley, the youngest male Weasley. "This is Amos Diggory, he works with me at the ministry."

Without warning, Cedric jumped from the tree and landed on his two feet in front of Arthur Weasley. "And this strapping young man must be Cedric, am I right?" He asked, holding a hand out.

"Yes sir." Cedric nodded and shook hands with the man before looking up for Piper, who was looking down at him. "Come down, Pippa." He shouted and she took a leap of faith, jumping down to the ground.