Chapter 8

The flight back to Kolkata was much more easier for both of them. With Rishabh in the business class and Prerna in the economy class, the two people realised they needed a lot of space to be in their sane minds.

Prerna had clearly accepted that she was attracted to her boss, as any normal woman would be. He was kind and very, very hot and weirdly, his age did not seem a problem to her.

At the same time, Rishabh was feeling pretty uneasy at the thought that his young employee could create such a nuisance in his mind and pants. It was just an intense crush and it would go away in a few weeks, she had concluded to herself.

All he wanted was to send her away for sometime, maybe to his Delhi or Mumbai branch but he knew he could not mix his professional and very private life together. He would just have to be in control.

--

"Moloy, tell me you're joking!" Mohini Basu thundered as her husband sighed. "Wo Prerna, aur mere Aunu ki wife? Not at all!"

"Kya burai hai usme?" Moloy asked Mohini, who just scoffed. "She's smart, she's intelligent, full of manners and respect. Agar wo humare ghar mein aayegi, toh socho, humare business ko sambhalne mein bhi madad karegi."

"Moloy, if you want someone capable to handle the business, hire people! Why get a girl from that middle-class family into our home!" Mohini said in a very frustrated tone. "And tell me one thing, itni jaldi kya hai Aunu ki shaadi ki? Kuch waqt pehle toh tum bol rahe the he is too young-

"Wahi toh Mohini! Shaadi ke baad Aunu mein responsible hone ki feeling aayegi, he will be more organized-

"Please Moloy, don't say all this." She said and held her head. "Kahin tumne iss baare mein Rajesh se kuch bola toh nahin?"

Moloy kept silent as his wife looked at him in surprise.

"Wah! Toh itna bada decision akele le lia tumne. Aur Rajesh ne toh haan kar hi dia hoga, after all, uski beti itne bade ghar mein aa jayegi-

"Rajesh ne haan nahi bola." Moloy said as a matter-of-fact. "Usne kahan pehle baccho se puchenge."

"Toh Prerna kaunsa mana kardegi? Wo 100% haan hi bolegi. Phir tum kiski sunoge?" Mohini said and left, leaving Moloy shaking his head.

--

Prerna was halfway into her lunch of dal and rice when Aditi rushed into the canteen, looking as excited as a four year old on a Christmas morning.

"Prerna! Your plan worked!" She exclaimed and the young woman in question frowned. "Arey, that Malhotra's company's shares are dropping like anything! At this rate, by the end of the week, it'll be just where we wanted it to be!"

"Really! Oh my god!" Prerna gasped, her lunch forgotten. "That means, we have to start buying the shares-

"It's already in the process. Almost 40% shares have already been bought by our subsidiaries!" Aditi informed her and Prerna could not believe it. "By the end of the week, that company will be ours!"

"Congratulations Ms Sharma." Rishabh Bajaj's voice greeted the excited women. "You just saved our company a hell lot of money."

"Uhh...thank you Sir." Prerna said, her heart racing in happiness as she looked at his slightly happy face.

"Here, a small bonus, for your good work in such a short time." Saying so, Rishabh handed Prerna a small envelope. "Please, have your lunch."

Prerna nodded as he left, quickly opening the envelope. Her eyes went as wide as saucers as she saw the amount on the cheque.

"This is a 'small' bonus?" Aditi exclaimed and chuckled. "This is twice my salary!"

"And thrice mine!" Prerna mumbled and a soft smile grazed her lips.

"Congratulations! You've have earned it!" Aditi said genuinely and patted Prerna's back.

Prerna nodded as her eyes almost filled with tears. Yes, she had earned it.

--

"Baba, ye main kya sunn raha hu?" Anurag barged into his father's study. "Meri shaadi ki baat ho rahi hai and no one told me?"

"Beta, kuch decide nahi hua hai." Moloy said and looked at his son. "Pehle tujhse aur Prerna se pucha jayega, uske baad hi decision lenge."

"Par itni jaldi kya hai? I'm only 25 years old aur Prerna 24 ki. Kam se kam 3-4 saal wait kar lete." The young man said and sat on the couch, crossing his arms.

"Ek minute, does this mean you are ready to marry Prerna?" Moloy asked excitedly and Anurag shrugged.

"Why would I have a problem? I don't have a girlfriend and Prerna is a smart, intelligent girl." Anurag said nonchalantly. "Haan, Maa ko pasand nahi hai but let's see. Agar baat aage badhi toh possible hai, Mom starts liking her."

"That's great. Ab bas Rajesh bata de, ki Prerna kya chahti hai. Phir shaadi fix kar denge." Moloy nodded to himself. "And don't worry, shaadi 3 saal baad hi hogi. Engagement pehle karwa denge."

"Yaa, whatever. Prerna kyu mana karegi? I'm one of the most eligible bachelors in the city after all!" Anurag smirked. "Aur haan, Rajesh uncle ko zyada pareshan mat kariyega, let him ask Prerna at his own pace. Aapne zyada eagerness dikhai, toh unhe lagega hum marr rahe hai unki beti ko Basu Badi mein laane ke liye!"

"Anurag, what is this language?" Moloy frowned and got up from his seat. "Wo tumhare hone wale sasur hai!"

"Please Dad, don't start with all this! Aur waise bhi, Prerna ki new job lagi hai, aaj kal wo wahan busy hai. Shivani bata rahi thi muje college mein." Anurag said and got up. "Thoda usey apna job enjoy karne dijiye. Koi toh kare!"

Saying so, the young Basu boy left, leaving his father happy in his own thoughts.