Chapter 1

Nervously playing with my hands I looked down giving myself a pep talk trying to calm my nerves. Today I was going to meet my husband. Our marriage was arranged ever since we were kids. I know most people would get the wrong idea and maybe try to run away from this but not me. I was happy about it or at least I think I am. Or maybe it was what I told myself to make me feel better. In reality, though this marriage was just arranged to ally with our pack and the Ares pack.

My soon to be husband was Parker Diez, the second in command of the pack.  As kids, our fathers were friends so both he and I used to hang out all the time playing together and practically glued to the hip as kids. But slowly as we got older I couldn't visit as much and neither could he due to his responsibilities. Now as the years passed we were both twenty-one and it was time to commit to this arranged marriage. Both our packs were strong but as my dad always said no matter how strong you are it's always good to have a friend in your corner. My father was a good man and if he thought this was good for our pack then so be it. As Parker's soon to be the wife I will love him wholeheartedly no matter what and stick by his side. A part of me was also excited just to be able to go to a new pack-house. It's custom for the female to move into her male husband's pack not the opposite, besides Parker was a beta so it's not like he would want to leave his position. Not that I minded, it was going to be nice to meet more people and hopefully get out more and live a little. My father was very protective so growing up I stayed home most of the time. Only ever really leaving the house if my older brother Leon was there to come with.

Besides I'm sure Parker is my true mate I've felt it ever since we were kids. You see as werewolves we do have mates. Someone who is connected to you, someone who makes up the other half of you, but it is rare to ever really meet your mate. Very few wolves do truly meet their mate. If you do it's a blessing and people congratulate you. Now if you don't which not many people do, people still congratulate you on your relationship and marriage as if that person is your mate. Werewolves don't really dwell on not meeting our mates we just move past it. I think about it all the time though. Once I was told about mates I knew I had to meet mine and I did, Parker I'm sure of it.

'You ready"

Jumping up I looked at my brother Micah. "Relax, it's not like it's your first time meeting him," Micah said trying to calm my nerves. Agreeing with him I took a deep breath as the car pulled to a stop. The wedding wasn't today it was next week, this was just a way for my brother and the pack alpha to sign the treaty so everything can be settled, but it didn't make me any less nervous.

The moment we stepped out of the car three men stepped out welcoming us. "Alpha Micah and Blaire welcome!" the tall man with a scar above his eye greeted. He seemed genuinely happy at our arrival which made me feel more at ease. "I'm Sawyer the third in command and these guys are Finn and James the top pack fighters, Parker was a little nervous and asked to give him a second he should here any second" Sawyer said shaking hands with Micah.

Micah and the three seemed to get along well so they continued talking about the pack then moved on to random topics. Eventually, a few girls from the pack pulled me away and greeted me into the pack. I smiled and talked with them happy to have some company and not be alone. "Congratulations on the marriage I'm so jealous you guys are going to be so cute together" Jenna exclaimed. "I'm happy for you too but Blaire I feel like I should tell you that -" Tamera one of the girls couldn't even finish until we were interrupted by Parker.

He stuck his hand out and I gladly took it as he helped me up pulling me into his warm embrace. "It's been a long time huh", he said letting go after a moment. "Yeah it has its nice to finally see you again", I told him smiling. "So Tamera what we're you going to tell my fiancé just now," Parker asked. I noticed his voice get more sterner as he asked his eyes glaring at Tamera. She quickly dismissed what she was going to say and grabbed Jenna and walked off quickly before I could even tell them goodbye. "C'mon lets head outside with everyone else," Parker said but just as he said that there was yelling and people running everywhere. With everyone running I lost Parker in the crowd but I heard correctly that there was an attack.  Tamera quickly found me within the crowd "Women who don't want to fight and children hide down below let's go" Tamera said while everyone was getting to their designated spot. I couldn't go with her though. I quickly apologized to her and told her to go. I knew how to fight and I fought in my own pack so I would fight in this pack. If there was any way I could help, I would. 

Quickly running outside I saw everyone fighting and joined in. From the smell in the air, I could tell these were rogues. Quickly grabbing a rogue I snapped his neck but the moment I looked up I felt everything go numb. Smirking the rogue walked away from me as I fell on my knees blood pouring from my throat. 

Falling to the ground I looked around seeing my brother far from me fighting off rogues. Gargling up blood I knew this was it. No one was able to save me and just like that everything is over. 

"Paige"

Hearing a familiar voice I looked around as much I was able to see Parker. 

"I'm sorry Blaire," Parker said as he walked up to me. I wondered what he meant then it made sense as he just glanced at me as he walked away. Lifting my head as little as I could I watched as he picked up a girl I didn't know and walked off carrying her. Choking on my blood I closed my eyes feeling the tears drip down my face. Was this what love is. I was so pathetic. All I could feel was anger in my last moments. Parker could burn in hell I thought as blackness consumed me.