Part 4

A man ran through the Base's halls with a computer in his hand, a video already pulled up on its screen. The soldiers that he ran past looked at him with confused expressions as he passed them.

He broke through into the conference room and stayed there a second to catch his breath. But this was something more important and he needed to show The President immediately. His glasses had fallen off of his face as he lent down to catch his breath but he didn't care, but  he made sure to quickly grab them as he made his way over to where The President was seated along with seven others. Glasses were expensive, and he couldn't afford to keep losing or breaking a pair every month.

This meeting was something that The President had barely been able to get together considering the Alien attacks from all over the world.

"I-I'm sorry sir to come in unannounced like this, but I'm afraid it is something that cannot wait. Actually I think that everyone needs to see it." The man said a little calmer as he plugged in the laptop to the computer on the wall.

The video came up on the TV and the man pressed play. On the screen it showed the POV of a soldier operating as gunner on top of a tank. The feed showed them coming up on a short clearing with a metallic looking creature that looked very much like a Xenomorph but with a metallic coat. The Tank he was on stopped and everyone got behind it, then the turret turned, stopped, and fired.

The shot blasted the metallic creature backwards and through a tree behind it, but after a few moments the creature got back up and shook its head. Then a large formation similar to a shield extended from its neck and there was a large boom and the tank fired again.

The last sound heard was a sound similar to a shockwave before there was a scream and a metal tearing sound and the screen froze the image of the creature still in clear view. Everyone in the room was shocked, what had they just watched.

"This footage was from a squad sent to the southern sector of a recently culled city. Their assignment was to go there and find out if there were any survivors and locate a potential Hive location." The man said and The President was left speechless for a moment before he told the man to zoom in on the creature as much as possible.

The man did as told and soon a large square of the metallic creature was pulled up on screen, and then the panel cleared up and everyone in the room took a breath. What they saw was no Xenomorph that they'd ever seen before, and they immediately went into investigative mode.

"Where did it come from?"

"Why does it look like that?"

"What can it do?"

But one question got them all filled with dread.

"What can we do to stop it?"

"What can we assume from what we've seen so far?" A woman spoke up and everyone looked at her. "Okay then, firstly we know that this creature can take an American Tank shell and survive, so normal bullets will be useless against it. Secondly it seems to emit a sort of shockwave when it raises its 'hood' per say, and thirdly we know that it seems to have shot something at the American Tank as well as the Shockwave so that means that the Xeno's have another long ranged addition to use against us but it doesn't seem to be very common."

The woman had tan European skin and long dark brown hair that was tied into a ponytail. She was the head of communications in Rome and she had a slight accent when she spoke.

"What is the first coarse of action we should take Mr. President?" One of the male representatives there looked at the American President with expectancy.

"I think that wet need more info about it first before we decide to do something about it" he said and the man nodded in agreement. Standing up the man spoke once more.