living together? (pt. 2)

(the next morning)

maddie opens her eyes and the first thing he see is chase right next to her looking at her smiling. "good morning" he says as his voice his lower than usual. "good morning" she says smiling from ear to ear. after a while of talking he gets up and helps maddie out of the bed. as they continue their days.

(3 days later)

rudy and elaine had left already and it was chase and maddie alone in maddie's apartment. drew had been really busy so he had not really been with them.

That night maddie and chase went live because they knew they haven't gone live in a while. chase says "what do we say when they ask where everyone else is." maddie looks down at her feet "They're busy?" she says. "okay yeah let's do that" once maddie and chase wrap the live up they are sitting right next to each other chases arm around her as they both look at maddie's instagram. maddie had posted a selfie 4 hours before as chase commented

"heart race, decreasing, help" maddie saw it and looked up and chase with a s smirk and says "really" and he widens his eyes and he said "couldn't resist" as she giggles and rolls her eyes blushing. Seconds pass as the tension builds. "so, i've been meaning to ask you this"  maddie had a feeling what it was.

"Do you maybe want to try this whole dating thing." she moved her body so it was all the way facing chase. "i've been waiting for you to ask." as they both laugh and look at each other. getting closer until they were so close. maddie hoped chase would lean in farther. soon enough had closed the gap. Maddie placing her lips on top of chases. pausing occasionally. "i could get used to this" chase said. that made maddie smile.

the next few days went by like this. Their love grew by the day. But they both realized that living together in that environment, where you cant do much but just sit around all day. was too much. They never admitted it. But they both new.

"hey chase" maddie says, putting her phone down. "what's up mads" chase says as he makes chicken on the stove for dinner. "dont you think, like, we might be with each other too much?" chase put down the pan. he walked over with a concerned look. "What are you saying?" I feel like we might need a break from each other. I mean we are with each other all the time and the fans are all speculating that we're together and we aren't revealing anything and hell we have even lied to so many interviewers!"

chase looked down at his vans "how long?" mads looked at him "how long what?" "how long do you want to be apart" he said a little annoyed. "I-I don't know" Maddie said flustered. Chase got up and said "Maybe this will be for the better." and took his backpack and walked out of the door. "chase wait" maddie said, almost in tears. If maddie were ever in tears, chase would run over to make her feel better.

She sat there. In the bean bag chair. alone. in her apartment, by herself. She had not been by herself for a full 2 months. She felt lost. Hours go by, chase went to drew's apartment and talked to him and said, "i think you should go back dude, i mean at least text or facetime if you dont want to but, you might be over reacting." Chase sat there for a good hour thinking about what he should do. Meanwhile, maddie was curled up in her bed. Alone.

1:00am read the time. "Mads" the contact read. hesitant to click on the text bubble to start typing.  He closed his eyes. Thought about it for a second and clicked on it. it wrote "i'm sorry", Mads had been half asleep but the ding woke her up. "Chase:)" the contact wrote. she put the message aside and looked at her lock screen which was a mirror pick they had taken the day before.

She thought it over, and clicked the message. Her eyes skimmed over the letters. she typed- "no" "i'm, sorry" "what do you have to be sorry for?" chase replied not even 1 minute later "telling you i needed space. i was overwhelmed, i took it out on you" "mads, you dont ever have to be sorry" this made maddie smile a little. "i'm sorry" he began again. "i overreacted, i should have never done that and i'm telling you i never would hurt you. i let my emotions get the best of me" "chasey" she replied, not even letting him finish. "its okay" ":)" chase smiled. he loved when maddie said :).

Maddie out her phone down and looked at the ceiling and smiled. she checked chases location and saw he was at drews and she facetimed him. one ring, two rings thre- she counted. he picked up. his hair was a mess. he looked like he had not slept in days. she covered her face. "chase, i'm so sorry" she said looking at his emotion spread on his face. chase smiled sincerely and they looked at each other. "what now?" mads said.

"dude go" you could hear drew in the back. "hi drew" maddie said smiling. chase showed drew and he was cooking pancakes. at 3:30 am. classic drew she thought. "make me some" maddie said to drew and chase. "not if i eat them all first" chase said teasing. "no way" maddie said and she said. "you better not" getting up, maddie got up, grabbed her hoodie and threw it on.

she walked all the way down the stairs, got to drew's apartment. knocked. and chase opened the door. the first she saw was chase, she ran to him and hugged him so tight. She wrapped her legs around him as they laughed and maddie said "that was the worst 4 hours of my life." "ditto" chase says laughing. moments pass and maddie heard drew say in the back "imma eat these myself if y'all dont eat these" they both laughed and chase put maddie down. they ran over to the kitchen as maddie put on some one direction as they all jammed out and ate pancakes.

hours pass. a few drinks later. maddie looked down at her phone. 5:30 it read. maddie bumped chase and showed her the phone. his eyes widen. "holy crap there's no way" at this point, drew was more drunk then the rest of them. nonetheless chase and maddie were not sober. "sunrise time?" drew says slurring. "you heard the man" chase said.

drew had a little deck outside because he was on the first floor. Drew started dancing on the patio as maddie and chase grabbed a beanbag and sat there watching drew try to entertain while the sunrise occurred in the back. Maddie and chase laughed hysterically, videoing non stop, and didn't care if the neighbors heard.

6:30- maddie and chase sobered up a little, but not all the way, they knew if they got no sleep they would be so hungover. they put drew in his bed.  maddie reached for the door as chase swept her off her feet as maddie gasped and started laughing as they ran up the stairs. maddie still in his arms, he unlocked the door and dropped her on the bed. he hung over her for a second and let the tension build but then backed up and exited to the kitchen.

he came back with two water bottles. using one as a microphone singing "what's love got to do with it" by kygo (foreshadowing tehe) they both drank them and talked nonsense.

once they both finished. he turned the light off and saw that the sun had risen and it was time to get some sleep. he jumped on the bed which startled maddie but they both laughed. maddie turned towards him. chase pulled her so close that she curled her head right under his chin.

She felt so protected as chase had his arms tight around her.

As for chase. Maddie was the only girl in the world that he wanted to care and protect more.