"What would you say to me if I asked you for a hug?" Heeseung suddenly says to her, making Yejin halt in place.

"I would say no. I would refuse," she answers him, resuming her steps.

"What would you say if I asked for a chance to try and help you overcome it?"

This time, Yejin doesn't know what to say. Her head whips to face her new friend. He would try to help her overcome it? She wants to say something but her no words come out. She just opens and closes her lips like a fish would. She had tried cognitive behaviour therapy and exposure therapy to overcome it but none of them worked. They made her more on edge. They made her more scared.

Yejin begins to walk ahead, trying to avoid the situation. She doesn't know what to say to him. Yes, she wants his help but what could he possibly do that she hasn't already tried? Heeseung doesn't press her for answers either. Soon, they have arrived at the café. It's closed. The lights are switched off so she has to use the back door entrance.

"See you tomorrow, then?" Yejin says, starting her walk towards the back door.

She sees him nod and wave at her before she heads inside. Her parents are in the café kitchen, sorting the money out. She meets their eyes to expect anger or some form of negative reaction but they seem neutral. They almost seem happy.

"Did you have fun?" Yejin's mum asks her, sorting the stack of money into different piles. "Where did you go?"

"Are you not angry that I came late?" Is the first thing that Yejin asks them, taking her gloves off.

"This is the first time you have ever wanted to do something like this. Why deny you the pleasure of doing wild things for a change?" Her dad comments, handing his wife another stack to pile out. "But next time, you better not be this late, young lady,"

Yejin almost goes to hug them but she stops herself. When was the last time she hugged her parents? She can't remember. She wants to hug them and tell them how much they mean to her.

She bows her head and heads on upstairs. She takes her shoes off and jumps onto her bed. She thinks. She thinks about Heeseung's offer and she finally comes to a decision. She picks up her phone and goes to her messages with Heeseung.

[ iMessages ]
╭─────────╮
Lee Heeseung / psychology - Lee Heeseung
Kang Yejin / Psychology - Kang Yejin
╰─────────╯

Mon 28 Jan, 23:07 pm

Kang Yejin / Psychology
The chance you wanted?
To try and help me overcome it?
I accept.
Can you help me?
Delivered

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ note. ]

Hello my darlings

It's H with the fifth chapter. How was it?

Omg this book has over 150 reads and I am so happy❤️I think I nearly cried when I saw that🥺

The story is picking up pace now so I'm excited🥰

Writing this makes me so happy so I hope it makes you guys happy too☺️

Also, I think I will update on every odd day depending on whether or not I get busy. So hopefully the next update will be on the 9th🤞🏼

A question: how did you guys find this book? why did you decide to read this book?

That's about it for this chapter💕

See you in the next one✌🏼

[ -yourinsomnia- ]
乂乂乂

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

.for personal reasons

WORD COUNT : 1,570

FIRST PUBLISHED : 7 october 2020

EDITED : 7 november 2020

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃