𝟏 .

DAYONA WOODSON
6/12

The sound of my alarm went off waking me up

I rose out of my bed checking the time on my phone seeing it was 6:00am in the morning.
I sat my phone back down and went to bathroom and said my morning prayer. Then started to brush my teeth. After that I started to run my shower.

Today was going to be a busy day. I had 2 nail appointments today. I do lashes on a regular and sometimes nails. I do nails outside of the salon on Sunday cause I still need some extra money. I have to finish my project today too. I stepped into the shower. I washed my body and rinsed and repeated those steps until I felt clean enough. I stepped out of the shower grabbing my towel. I felt a cool breeze run across my back. I look back and seen the window to my condo bathroom open. I rush over to close it. I started to dry off then lotion my body down. I put my matching black bra and pantie set on. Trailing out the bathroom back into my room to get my clothes I had already laid out for me from last night. I put them on and grab my laptop and start finishing up my project. In the middle of finishing it my phone ringed. I reached over and grab the door handle seeing it's one of my best friends Shadaè. "HEY YONA what you doing right now I'm trying to pull up on you!!" shadae voice exclaimed through the phone. "You trying to hide from that toxic nigga again huh?" I said laughing putting my phone on speaker sitting it down so I can typing more on my computer. "Mind ya business bitch" shadae said laughing. She ain't gon learn till that nigga beat her ass i mumbled to said to myself. I finished my project, went to my kitchen to find something to snack on. I grabbed 3 waffles and put them in the over with butter on them wrapped in aluminum foil. Turned the oven on and put on 350. I heard a slight knock on the door then somebody walked in. "Girl you need start locking your door its crazy people out there g ." shadae said sitting on my couch. "I know , one just walked in ." I said laughing and shadae flicked me off. I checked on my waffles see if they were ready. "Yona you like that bottle girl job at the club" shadae said with a sad face. "It pays my bills and that bottle girl check with the salon check does better the check I was making when I was CNA ." I said sitting next to her. "I know dats right" shadae said slapping my shoulder .. "Ouch Hulk Hugan plus it helps pay for medical school " I said rubbing shoulder. Shadae rolled her eyes at me and grabbed my Roku remote and started to flick through Netflix shows. The oven ding indicating that my waffles was done. I got up and took my waffles  out putting them on a plate and then I put a jimmy dean biscuit in the microwave for shadae. After that got done cooking I put our food on separate plates and brought them to the living room. "Thank you" shadae said taking the plate out my had and sitting it in her lap. I went back into the kitchen to get some syrup then I went back to the living room and sat down next to shadae. We sat and watched the parkers eating our food. I had my first nail appointment at 8:00am .. It was 7:13am. I was finishing off my food by 7:25 and was in my infinity driving to my clients place by 7:45. I arrived at 7:55. I knocked on the door and seen the two girls who nails I was supposed to be doing open the door and let me in. I had 3 sets of hands to do they all wanted XL acrylic nails.
3 HOURS LATER ..
I'm on my second client. They started to invite people over. The house began to fill. I knew I was gonna be here for a while because I still have to do two of my clients nails. "HEY YONA girl I didn't know you knew these hoes , damn you did good on her nails" Kearra voice flowed entering the living room. "Thank you Kearra ." I said focused on the hand that was in front of me. "How many clients you got left?" Kearra asked leaning over my shoulder.

" 1 I think" I responded quickly while adding more acrylic to the nail. Time flew past quicker then ever and I was already finishing my second client nails.  It was 4:00pm now. "Ou yona you finished fast can you slide me in real quick all I need is a fill in ." Kearra said with pleading eyes. "GIRL do YOU got money? It will be more then 15 cause I got to squeeze you in ." I said with a mug as my last client got  up and out her seat which was quickly filled by Kearra. "Yes you know I'm good for it my cousin gone give it to you ." Kearra said placing her hands flat in front of me. I started to do her nails but finished quicker then I thought. I held my hand out for her to fill it with cash. But then I saw a tall slender muscular man with all black on stroll in. He walked closer and that's when I got a good look at him. He had a nice jaw structure and hazel eyes with dents in his forehead. In total he was fine. He spoke to Kearra harshly "Say what yo begging ass want na ."

"I Need you to give my great dear bestie 20 dollars for my nails nigga" Kearra said then she pointed towards my direction. His eyes landed on me. We made eye contact for a moment but I broke it.  He stared me down hard and long while handing me a 50. I reached in my bag and grabbed 30 dollars to give him back. I turned back around seeing him still staring. I pushed my long straight hair behind my ear and handed him the 30 dollars . His hand pushed it back into mines.

"Na keep it" he said staring deeper into my soul.

"Ok , thank you." I said taking it back and putting it in my bag. He walked off. I went to grab my stuff to get ready to leave. "Damn sorry about him he's the weird one. Nigga tried to stare a hole through your skull I guess he ain't use to bitches with a pretty face AND a fat ass." Kearra said laughing. "It's good but I'm finna head out tho." I said walking towards the door with all my stuff in my hands. "Ok bye girl and thanks for squeezing me in ." Kearra said. I walked outside seeing a 2021 hellcat parked next to my car. I walked down the steps seeing the boy from earlier was sitting on them. "Goodnight sir" I said walking to my car. "Goodnight ma'am" he said with a deep chuckle following . I smile at him putting my things in my car. I got in my car starting it up. I looked at the steps and seen he was gone I turned to my left and seen him in the tinted hell cat next to my car. I rolled down my window waving bye. He didn't wave back. So I just pulled off and head back home.

vote,comment,and follow .