Chapter Twenty-Five: To The Mall

Start from the beginning

I wave him off, pushing Dad into the house. "Whatever, Katsuki!" I shout out to him, hoping he doesn't see how embarrassed I am right now, "Go home! Your parents are waiting for you, aren't they? Tell them you got your ass handed to you!"

He rolls his eyes and flips me off because moving on. "Try not to pass out, cheerleader." Bakugou says to me. He walks down the pathway as I close the door and glare at Dad.

"He seems cool." He states, smiling down at me, "He seems like a good friend."

"He calls me 'dumbass' all the time." I inform Dad, resulting in his shrugging his shoulders before we take off our shoes, "You heard him call me a lying piece of crap."

"Hey, your mother used to call me 'dickhead' all the time." He states, shaking his own head at his memory. He pats my shoulder lightly. "It seems our blood falls for a certain type."

I widen my eyes and stop in the hallway. He turns the corner and walks into the kitchen.

I brush my neck.

"I guess we do."

The Next Day . . .

Mina and Kaminari seemed really down today. Possibly because of the practical exams.

"E—Everyone!" Mina cries, tears in the corners of her eyes, "I'm looking forward to hearing... all your stories of... how fun camp was..."

Kirishima, Sato and Kaminari join in her sulking. They're the only four who have failed the exams. I feel kind of bad for them.

I pat Kirishima's back as he leaned into me, looking the most upset I've ever seen him. Poor guy.

"It's okay, Eijiro, it was a challenging match up." I reassure him as he sniffs, "Plus, he didn't move that much during the exam, so his weights didn't do anything to suppress him."

He only shakes his head.

Midoriya retorts, waving his hands, "Maybe they'll end up letting you go. There might be a last minute twist or something!"

Sero reaches out a hand onto Midoriya's shoulder, sighing back, "Stop it, Midoriya. By saying it out loud, you're just jinxing them."

As I cross my arms and let Kirishima cry on my shoulder, the atmosphere changes with Kaminari's shaking form. He grumbles, "They said who ever failed the exams would have to skip training camp and live in summer school Hell..."

I widen my eyes at Kaminari. "We didn't pass the practicals so we're doomed! Don't you understand, Midoriya or did All Might knock the brains out of you?" He shouts, poking the green-haired boy in both eyes.

Sero speaks, "Ease up, Kaminari." He points to himself with a nervous look. "I'm not sure I'll get to go either. Our team only passed 'cause of Mineta. I got knocked out. And since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might've flunked."

Uraraka tries to help Midoriya as he holds his face in his hands. Kaminari bursts back at Sero, "At least bring us back some lots of camp souvenirs, please!"

The door bursts open with Mr Aizawa standing there, papers under his arm. "Once the bell rings, you should be in your seat!" He announces, making all of us scramble to our desks.

I sit beside Kirishima, seeing him still look angered with himself. Another thing I noticed is that Bakugou was sitting by himself, not bothering anyone. Maybe it's because Kirishima and I were with the others and he had no one talking to him.

He seemed out of it. Just a little.

"Morning. Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams." He calls out to us as he stands at the pedestal, "So when it comes to the training camp in the woods..."