Chapter Twenty-Five: To The Mall

Start from the beginning

We stop at a crossing, Bakugou tugging me back before I go on. I blink a few times at the cars whizzing passed us, turning the corner and such. Bakugou stares at the light.

"You excited to go to camp?" I mumble, head against his shoulder, "I heard that the training is gonna' be 10 times harder."

He sighs out loudly, walking towards the other side of crossing with me, "Yeah, I know. It better be good or else I'll be fucking disappointed."

I chuckle at him, blinking a few times. I stare out in front of us before seeing the cafe that Kirishima, Bakugou and I studied at. It had really good desserts.

"We should go there again." I suggest, looking away from the cafe, "Not for homework though, just to hang out."

He goes quiet for a second. And then opens his mouth.

"Are you asking me out?"

I widen my eyes. My grip on his arm tighten a little bit before relaxing. My heart feels like it's being stabbed over a thousand times.

Mostly because he sounds... disgusted? Or disappointed?

I can't pin it down.

But it doesn't sound excited.

I shake my head. Why am I thinking like that? I'm not even asking him out! Of course not, why would I do that right now? We're busy with school...

I take a deep breath in and close my eyes. "I'm going to let go of you now, Katsuki." I mutter out to him, "Because that's um... that's not what I meant at all. I just wanted to hang out..."

He takes a deep breath now. "Yeah, whatever." He says, reaching over and ruffling my hair. I lift my shoulder and push him hand away. "I don't care where we hang out."

I feel like I can relax a little. Because he's back to his normal self now.

"You don't need to let go, dumbass." He grumbles, hands in his pockets again, "I have to make sure you get home or else the blame will be on me."

I feel myself smile. "That's sweet, Katsuki." I say quietly, people passing us on the street.

"Whatever." He hums back at me.

A few moments later, I'm at my house.

I wipe my eyes and unhook my arm from Bakugou's. "Thanks, Katsuki." I say, smiling up at him as I walk to the door, "Tell your parents I said 'hi'."

"They don't fucking know you." He grunts, hands in his pockets and his head tilted up. He's standing at the front gate.

"Well then, tell them who I am." I say, turning around with my hands on my hips, "You don't talk about me to your parents?"

"No." He deadpans, shaking his head with a neutral expression, "What, do you talk about me?"

I clench my fists at my sides, lifting up my chin as I stare down at him. He's standing at the house gate, so I'm hoping he doesn't notice how my attitude's changed a little...

I look away, clicking my tongue. "Tch! Of course not!" I state, marching towards my door and fishing out my keys, "As if I have anything to say about you! You're not as interesting as you think you are, Katsuki!"

As if on cue, the door swings open and Dad's standing there, wide smile as he spots Bakugou.

"Ah! This is that Bakugou kid you've been talking about after the festival, right Y/N?" Dad asks, patting my shoulder. He tilts his head at me. "He's the one that you wanted to beat, isn't he?"

I press my lips into a thin line, breathing out slowly.

Thanks, Dad. I appreciate it.

Bakugou is smirking at me menacingly, leaning back a bit with his arms crossed over his chest. "You lying piece of crap." He chuckles at me.