"Be quiet," Sirius demanded and put all his concentration into running his fingers through her hair. Bexley found it amusing as he spiked her hair up, the water slopped over the side of the bath as they giggled like children, playing in the soapy water. As they stepped out of the bath, Sirius wrapped Bexley up and bundled her hair up in one.

"I'll make a husband of you yet." Bexley bashfully grinned as she rubbed her body with the towel. Walking back into the bedroom, Sirius followed her like a puppy and watched her apply light make up, making her eyes bigger and brighter than ever.

"Sirius! Get ready! Your cousins will be here soon!" Orion's voice bellowed up the stairs and they were reminded they weren't alone in the big house together.

"I don't want you to worry about Bellatrix." Sirius advised.

"How can I not? She's the one who wants me dead the most. I don't see how Narcissa can tolerate her."

"And when have you got close and comfy with Narcissa?" Sirius raised his eyebrows.

"I saw her crying, Lucius, he got violent with her and well, we've sort of sparked an alliance." Sirius smiled as Bexley confided in him, no more secrets was something he promised to himself and to Bexley.

"I'd still be cautious. But I'm sure you'll love Andromeda, Godric their mother gave birth to some completely contrasting children."

"I didn't know there was another sister?"

"That's because she keeps herself to herself, unless she likes you of course and I'm sure she'll adore you, as I do. I'll see you later this evening okay?" Sirius stood and kissed Bexley's cheek.

"I don't think you're mother will approve of you roaming the  halls stark naked." Bexley pursued her lips together subduing a laugh, she unwrapped the towel from her head and watched as Sirius secured it round his waists, accentuating the gorgeous V-line.

"Eyes are up here Morgan." Sirius's fingers grabbed her chin and tilted her head to him, tracing his thumb over her bottom lip, he left the room grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Snap out of it Bexley's subconscious reprimanded her. Turning back to the mirror, she continued the process, shaking with nerves as voices began to erupt from downstairs.

***

The sound of the grand piano reverberated through the entire house, and Bexley's nerves got the best of her as she sat perched in front of the fire. Sirius hadn't seen her since the bath and was busy entertaining his disturbing relatives.

"Oi, come here." He slipped past his deranged aunt and grabbed Regulus's arm. "Have you seen Morgan?"

"Hello to you too. No, I haven't, I think she's still in her room."

"Well, could you check on her? Please." Sirius pleaded with his brother. Their usual hostility had subsided since Bexley's arrival at Grimmauld Place and neither had spoken of it.

"Fine."

"And tell her to look in the closet next to her bed." Regulus rolled his eyes and embarked on his mission. Dodging guests and people he'd never seen in his life, he finally reached her door and knocked lightly.

"Miss Morgan, your presence is requested." He mocked. Bexley opened the door and pulled him in.

"Regulus, I can't go down there! They all want to bloody kill me!"

"I can't tell you you're wrong, but I can guarantee Sirius won't allow it to happen." He readjusted his tie and looked himself up and down in the mirror. "He said to look in the closet by the way." Regulus poured them a glass of champagne from the bottle Kreacher had placed in her room at Sirius's request. Bexley thanked him for it drank it in one go. "Ah, the definition of refinement." Bexley shrugged him off and pulled open the cupboard door.

"Oh my god." Hanging there was a deep red satin dress. Inspecting it closer, she saw it had a slight shimmer to it, running the fabric through her fingers it most definitely was the definition of refinement.

"As much as I detest him, he has good taste," Regulus admitted leaning against the mantelpiece.

"The dress is gorgeous."

"Oh yes, that too," Regulus smirked, Bexley, scolded him and went to change in the bathroom. She slipped it over her thighs and shimmied the dress up her body, it clung to her and although her hip dips showed and her stretch marks on her chest peeped up, she looked stunning. As she unravelled her hair, the curls fell lightly, just skimming her shoulders and applying a touch of red lipstick, she didn't recognise herself in the mirror.

"Regulus, would you mind zipping me up?" Bexley watched him approach her in the mirror and the warm touch of his fingers as he zipped up the dress, smoothing it down, she looked back at him. "Thoughts? I don't look ridiculous do I?" Fumbling with her shoes, Regulus gazed at her. "Oh god what, do I look like an idiot?"

"Far from it, I know I'm supposed to hate Gryffindor's and all, but I think you might be my favourite." Quickly he took the opportunity to tuck a few strands behind her ear. "Don't hide. Now, let's take you to the ball." He offered his arm and she obliged, together they walked quietly down the numerous stairs and stopped just outside the doors to the ballroom when Bexley dug her fingers into his arm.

"I'm terrified."

"Fuck them. You are perfect." He kissed her cheek and left her side.

"Wait, where are you going!"

"Asking them to announce you, of course, the entrance you deserve." Before she could protest Regulus dipped inside the ballroom. Wringing her hands together, she smiled nervously as the doors opened for her and a hundred faces were staring up at her, yet only one mattered to her. Sirius was there waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs, her hand steadied on the bannister, making her way down to him, she could see all the disapproving faces, but hey, fuck them. Dressed in her house colours she felt confident as Sirius brought her hand to his lips.

"If it weren't for all these people I'd have to take you upstairs." He whispered as they made their way to the centre of the hall.

"Patience is a virtue."

"You look far from virtuous in that dress." He bowed to her and she curtsied, preparing for the opening dance which he had forewarned, Mrs Black watched on in horror as Bexley poised herself with dignity and decorum. Moulding into each other, they graced the floor like swans on a lake, they showed each other off in front of the dynasty.

"I love you, my Sirius Black." Bexley's lips grazed his ear and she felt him smile against her cheek, and for a moment all was right in the world.