45. Utah

46. Oklahoma

47. New Mexico

48. Arizona

49. Alaska

50. Hawaii

1. Guam

2. Puerto Rico

3. New Samoa (formerly American Samoa)

4. South Virginia (formerly U.S. Virgin Islands)

5. Mariana (formerly Northern Mariana Islands)

The country's flag shall represent only the country's 1st-level political divisions. There shall be 13 stripes, alternating red and white from top to bottom, to represent the original 13 states. There shall be a blue canton in the upper-left corner. In the middle of the canton shall be a white, 5-pointed star to represent the District. Around the District's star, in a geometric and circular pattern, shall be a collection of white, 5-pointed stars to represent the states. The territories shall be represented on the flag symmetrically by blue stars placed on the white stripes to the right of the canton. Once a territory becomes a state, then its blue star shall be removed and its white star shall be added to the canton. If a territory is given its independence, then it blue star shall be removed, but no white star shall be added. Changes in the star arrangements shall take place on the Fourth of July after admission to the Union. The stars and stripes shall all be the same size.

State names shall consist of only one word of two words. Any state named after a similarly named and older place shall be called New [Name]. Compass directions shall not end in -ern, and there shall be at least two state names that bear a compass direction and the same name. No state name shall end in Island or Islands regardless of its geography.

Each primary division, county, independent city, and settlement shall have a flag.

Section 2

Full faith and credit shall be given in each primary division to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other primary division. The citizens in each primary division shall be entitled to all of the privileges and immunities of the citizens in every other primary division. Congress may, by general laws, prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved and the effect thereof.

A person charged in any primary division with treason, felony, or another crime; who shall flee from justice; and who shall be found in another primary division shall, on demand of the executive authority of the division from which he or she fled, be delivered up to be removed to the primary division having jurisdiction of the crime.

New states may be admitted by Congress into the Union, but no new state shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any primary division, nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more primary divisions or parts of primary divisions, without the consent of the legislatures of the primary divisions concerned and of Congress. The District, however, shall be perpetual.

Section 3

The District of Columbia shall concurrently hold the status of national capital, district, state, state capital, county, county seat, independent city, and city. It shall therefore be admitted into the Union as a state by regular procedure. Since it shall concurrently hold other statuses, however, then it shall not be numbered accordingly in the order of precedence. No other state shall be given this right, privilege, or distinction.