...

Mxolisi found Lwandile in one of the guestrooms making the bed.
"Other half", he teased and Lwa laughed as he waved the fitted sheet up and down with both hands at one corner.
"I'm not your half I'm your replica dummy"
Mxolisi laughed lightly before grabbing a chair and sitting with the backrest in his front.
"I thought you were sleeping in Melo's room"
"Relax I told grandma we fought. I don't want any stitches", he said and rolled his eyes. Mxo laughed.
"No I wanna know why you didn't?"
"Didn't what? Sleep in Sonke's room?"
Mxo nodded.
"I didn't want to make him uncomfortable"
"Un-comfortable?
"Yeah. You know..."
"But he doesn't know that you're..."
"Still. What if I cuddled him in my sleep or something? It was just safer this way"
"I think you're overthinking this"
"I am?", Lwa questioned and dropped his hands.
"Yeah"
"Melo is not like you Mxo. He has that KZN villagelity about him I doubt he'd take it as nothing if something weird was to happen"
"Village what?", Mxo laughed.
"Urgh you get what I'm saying"
"Is this why you were the first to suggest to dad that we get separate rooms?"
"Don't be silly. I did that because YOU started making things uncomfortable for me when you wanted to have Neo over. Or was it Charlotte?", Lwa teased.
"Fseg", Mxo laughed.
"My point is, you were a bit wild when you first started having sex and the secretive up and downs weren't working for me. And besides, we were sleeping on a bunk bed so..."
"Mm. If you say so. What happened to Quinton anyway?"
"Ah. He became distant after that whole Mzwanele saga. He's too deep in the closet so it made the entire thing weird for him I guess"
"Don't take him back even if he falls out of that closet"
Lwandile laughed.
"I met someone yesterday though"
"Where?"
"I took a young walk when you were out"
"And?"
"Yoh. He's... I dunno. Arrogantly handsome. He's... I didn't know I had a fetish for men with cute feet and hands till I met him. Oh my God Mxo he's... yoh"
"Weeeeee", Mxo exclaimed, mimicking Manqoba and Lwandile shot out a laugh.
"So... are you two like dating now or...?"
"Nah he's straight. Remember angisheli mina ngiyashelwa so... he didn't make a move. We were just walking together since he also needed some fresh air. He likes taking walks like me but I hated how he kept referring to me as "mjita" I was like duh?! Hello?!"(I don't make moves on guys. Guys make moves on me), he went on a continuous rant and Mxo couldn't stop laughing.
"He's cute yena shame. I hope to bump into him on social media if not in person again"
"You didn't get his number?"
"So he could punch me in the face?"
Mxo stood up.
"You need to learn how to shoot your shot", he stated and tried to leave. Lwa threw himself on him and gave him a tight hug. Mxo lifted his one hand and placed it on Lwa's back, surprised. Lwa's hugs are random but not THAT random.
"You okay?", Mxo asked. Lwa nodded.
"Thank you!"-Lwandile
"For?"
"Accepting me as I am"
Mxo huffed out a laugh.
"Did I have a choice?"
"I just thought you'd maybe distance yourself from me thinking my sexuality will somehow taint yours too", Lwandile explained, still holding onto him. Mxo broke the hug.
"What? That you're gay then it'd mean I'd be gay too?"
"I thought you'd think that's what people will conclude"
"Bro I eat pxssy!", Mxo exclaimed and Lwa chuckled.
"Look, people who think in that manner are either afraid that if they interact with anybody in the LGBTQ community, they'll also be forced to confront the mirror OR they're very stupid and I have no business stressing about what morons have to say about me", he said and made Lwandile smile.
"I get you. Now help me make the bed"
"Awunyi? I don't love you that much", Mxo said and left. Lwandile shot out a laugh and threw the pillow he had placed on the floor at him. Mxo quickly closed the door laughing before it could hit him.

...

Betso fell into deep sleep after Muzi left the house. Her mind took her to her mother's old sitting room, where she grew up.
"Kgantsho man there's a lot of space for you to sit stop rubbing up on me!", she yelled in irritation to her sister.
Kgantsho laughed and continued cuddling her up, just like she used to do when she was still alive. Her pregnancy bump was clearly visible. Kgantsho brushed it in adoration. The two were surrounded by fading white fog.
"If anything was to happen to her I'd lose all peace", she said and continued brushing Betso up.
"Kgantsho go mogote man go sit over there!"(It is hot)
"Ah ebile ka tsamaa. Tshwara"(I'm leaving. Take this)
She said before presenting her with a potion in a little brown bottle.
"What's this?"
"It is for protection. Bago leka mara nna ke batla ngwana anne safe. Enwa moo but because moleko ontseng yana tshwanetse o bereke gongwe, expect problems in your marriage. I am prioritizing the baby's health right now. Tse dintsi retladi bona"(They're casting spells on you I want the baby to be protected from that evil and be safe. Drink that but because such a spell has to fall and work somewhere, expect problems in your marriage... We'll deal with the rest afterwards). Betso saw herself drinking in grimace due to the bad taste and slightly shaking her head. When she looked to her side, her sister was gone. She woke up with her hand on her chest and immediately called out, "Kgantsho!", lowly.

...

Zanele made her way to Ndalo's house after they got the pill. Before she could knock, she heard Ndalo's mother shouting.
"Vula amathanga Ndalo!"(Spread your thighs)
Zanele carefully walked in and saw Ndalo lying on the reed mat crying while her grandma patiently waited for her to cooperate.
"San'bonani", Zanele greeted and old woman greeted back. Nomcebo continued trying to get the stubborn Ndalo to open up.
"Ngifuna ugog'wakho abone la manyala la uba busy ngawo mengingekho!"(I want your granny to see the crap your do when I'm not here)
Ndalo continued to cry.
"Awume nawe"(Stop it already), Ndalo's gran said and pulled Ndalo so she sits up. She then hugged and tried to comfort her. Nomcebo was furiously pacing back and forth with the broken tree branch in one hand.
"Lolo?", gogo called out and wiped her tears with her pinafore.
"Gog'?", Ndalo sobbed. Zanele was still staring and standing there like an invisible ghost since no one was paying any attention to her.
"Usayi ntombinto?"(Are you still a virgin?)
Ndalo sobbed and wiped her own tears.
"Khuluma!"(Speak!), Nomcebo shot out furiously.
"Awukahle Cebo ulibel ukubanga umsindo kube NAWE wangihlaza una 16 kanje!"(Stop making noise because you also embarrassed me when you were the same age!)
"Ma ngizama ukuvikela ingane yam--"(I am trying to protect my child--)
"Ukumthethisa kuyosiza ini?"(What will shouting help?), she asked with her hand around Ndalo's head.
"Lolo, ngithe ngowakuphi lomfana?"(Who is this boy?)
"Kwa Khumalo gogo"
"Khumalo straight ebukhosini?"(The royal house?)
Ndalo nodded.
"Nili sebenzisile ijazi lomkhwenyana?"(Did you use a condom?)
Ndalo kept quiet. Nomcebo sighed heavily.
"Yaz ngisebenza kanzima ukuthi ungene iskolo esibizayo esise zingeni eliphezulu ukuthi uzokwazi ukufeza amaphupho wakho ungafani nami kodwa wena wenzani?Ungikhafulela ebuswen? Waze wangiphoxa Ndalo yezwa?"(You know I work hard so that you get quality education so you can fulfill your dreams and not be like me but you spit in my face. You have disappointed me Ndalo do you hear me?), Nomcebo dropped a tear. The branch followed and she left. Ndalo couldn't stop crying inconsolably.
"Yekela ukukhala nawe ngoba ugangile. Ithi ngiyo khuluma naye"(Stop crying because you were naughty. Let me go talk to her), her granny said and stood up with difficulty. Zanele helped her up and she thanked her, then exited the house to go look for Nomcebo.
"Haibo. Ceboo?!", she limped out as her plump lower body swayed sideways.
Zanele placed herself on the mat alongside Ndalo.
"Babes", she greeted her and placed her arm around her. Her eyes landed on the red marks of punishment on Ndalo's thighs.
"Kodwa nawe oe. Uvuma kanjan ukuthi la bafana laba bakwa Khumalo badlale ngawe?"(How could you allow the Khumalo boys to play you like this?)
"I've had an earful from my mom I don't need more from you too"
Zanele raised her hands in surrender. She straightened out her palm and handed Ndalo the wrapped pill.
"Melo is bad news Ndalo stay away from him before he gives you a baby and leaves you with it"
"I'm not--, wait. You sound...the two of you have history?"
"No I dated Mxo I don't know if you know him ngoba akahlali la. He's also no different"(He doesn't live here full time)
"What?"
"Yup. UMxolisi yinja shem I don't think I'll ever forgive him"(Mxolisi is a dog...)
"What did he do?", Ndalo questioned with pinched brows.
"Wangicharma wangicharma umfana hee. I was head over heels ngingasa kwazi nokulala. Sajola for like the whole of December last year and he had to go back to Joburg. The same day he arrived, I called him and a girl picked up the phone wangithuka wangibiza ngofarm Julia saying ukuthi ngiyislima and that uMxolisi bekangi user. I think she said her name was Sne or something. Hey! Ngikhale ukuthi umama angibuze ukuthi ngishonelwe yin. Ndalo?! Mciim"(The boy charmed all sense out of me... I couldn't even sleep. We dated for like... she insulted me and called me a farm Julia saying that I'm a fool and that Mxolisi was using me. I cried so hard my mom asked me who died), Zanele explained and Ndalo felt a knot tying up in her throat, pulling in all the nerves in that vicinity.
"Mi na"(Take), Zanele said and gave Ndalo the pill. She took it and stood up slowly, still engulfed by shock over countless layers of regret. She went into the kitchen, passively listening to Zanele complaining about how bad the Khumalo boys are. She stood by the table for balance as Mxo's words replayed themselves in her head, interchangeably with her mother's sharp and piercing ones.

UNEDITED.