It was only a small gesture, but Song Yuan felt this man was way too much of a gentlemanly, good-looking ge, worthy of meeting her aesthetic standards.

The video connected to show Rong Ting, who had already seemed to have washed up. He wore fluffy, yellow chick-printed pajamas, and he was lounging on the sofa. “Mother Empress, where are you?”

Song Yuan lowered the volume. “On the bus. I’ll be home in about half an hour. Have you eaten? Has the auntie left?”

“Ate.” Rong Ting looked tiny in the camera. “Gu saw that it was late and let the auntie leave first. Mother Empress, have you eaten? What did you eat?”

Sometimes, Rong Ting was awkward and arrogant, and other times, like now, he was like a warm little padded jacket.

“Ate. I wanted something hot today, so I ordered some claypot noodles3, which were very delicious.”

Rong Ting frowned. “Mother Empress…”

He began to unceasingly reprimand her. Song Yuan was very embarrassed. After all, there was an outside sitting next to her.

She immediately cut him off. “Let’s not talk about this. I ate everything. I‘m outside right now and the signal’s not very good. Let’s talk when I get home, okay?”

Although Rong Ting was dissatisfied, he nodded in assent. “Mother Empress, be careful when you are going out. The ground is slippery today.”

“Okay okay okay!” After she hung up the video call, Song Yuan let out a sigh of relief.

Nowadays, when she was at the office, she hid while she took video calls from Rong Ting.

It wasn’t that she was afraid that other people would discover that she was a mom. From the moment she acknowledged Rong Ting, she had already been mentally prepared. It was just that Rong Ting still spoke like someone from the ancient times. He had his pride and refused to freely refer to himself with “I.” He also refused to call her “Mom” and was only willing to refer to her as “Mother Empress.” But if this were heard by other people, they would find it odd.

She was just about to put her phone back in the bag when she heart the man next to her ask her, a smile in his voice, “Do you have kids?”

Song Yuan whipped her head around and met with Rong Heng’s clear eyes. She hesitated, then nodded her head. “En.”

Rong Heng just smiled and didn’t say anything more.

Song Yuan sighed in her heart. It wasn’t easy to bump into someone who fit her aesthetics. They had no fate together.

The other didn’t look old, nor did he seem to be married. Although it was quite realistic to say it, in the past she never would have considered someone with a child. Not just her, but her parents would also have opposed. To put it from another perspective, if other people lost interest in her because she had a child, she could understand. Alright, she should stop getting ahead of herself4. This handsome ge with the white hair wasn’t even interested in her in the first place…

Song Yuan was extremely good at consoling herself, and very quickly she regained her composure.

What romance, forget about it! The least she could do was wait until Rong Ting accepted it.