||˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Cliché 08

Start from the beginning

"i mean, half an hour is a bit of a stretch. it's only been fifteen minutes since we begun. but sure, we can take a break" he looked over to the ground before sitting down on the grass. the (e/c) eyed girl slowly looked over before sitting down a few feet away from him.

clutching her bottle of water between her hands, she looked over to the other pairs who were still in the middle of sparring. she grabbed onto the long stands of grass before tugging into it seeming as if she were distracting her mind from returning the male's gaze on her figure.

"so, how's your book going? did you make any progress this week?" she thought out loud attempting to start up a conversation with the quiet male. he looked away for a few seconds seeming to be lost in thought before lowering his head in disapproval.

"not that much. i'm still confused on how it'll go" he truthfully answered recalling how he paced around his room furious of the block in his head that keeps him from writing. how on earth was he going to describe something he never felt or saw?

"sorry if i'm intruding, but why write a romance? it's clear that you're a bit lost on the topic. so i'm surprised you chose it as your genre" she finally mustered up the courage to ask him the question that had been pestering her mind the whole week. it was clear enough to see that todoroki was clueless as a child when it comes to a topic such as love. why on earth would he pick a genre way out of his comfort zone?

the answer was simple. it's because of the strong curiosity he felt whenever he would see couples along the street. the sudden thought popping up in his mind questioning why people even get together.

but honestly, he would never admit that it was the envy he felt within himself whenever he saw midoriya and uraraka blush and fiddle on their fingers whenever they would bump into each other. the way their cheeks turn into a tint of red whenever they would catch each other's eyes.

he somehow wished for it to happen to him too. someome to look at him how his friends look at each other.

but most importantly, he chose that genre because of that missing piece he felt inside his heart when he was invited to midoriya's home one time. how he saw the way his mother affectionately hugged her son as she pecked the green haired male on his forehead. the way his friend chuckled at the actions of his mother before mumbling to her that he missed her.

he wanted that too.

but of course. he knew he couldn't tell her that.

"just personal reasons. i'm just exploring my weaknesses. as a hero, that is my duty" he shrugged before quickly making up an excuse to answer the (h/c) haired girl. todoroki fixed the way he sat on the ground before resting both of his hands on his knees.

"how about you? i noticed you read a lot of romance novels. do you have a reason for that?" it was the peppermint head's turn to ask the question. the girl thought for a moment before biting onto the side of her cheek.

"i don't really have a purpose for it. i just love the feeling books give me. it's the feeling you have in your stomach whenever you read a sweet act or quote. the moment you start thinking to yourself 'damn, i wish that happened to me in real life too'. basically, i just love picturing myself in the shoes of the main character hoping that someday it'll happen to me too" she summed up her thoughts with a bittersweet smile on her lips.

as much as she would love to hate on books for giving her unrealistic standards, she had to at least appreciate the rollercoaster of emotions she knew she would never have experienced in real life.

"wish that happened to you in real life? you never had a relationship before?" the male curiously asked causing the girl to chuckle at the curious demeanor of the male. the way his eyes light up as he slightly leaned forward to where she sat, signaling that he was interested in her stories. afterall, she was a pretty interesting girl.