fourteen

❝Who the hell is Shazy?❞

Fahad had gotten out of the bathroom after taking a shower when he received the call from the police station and for a moment, he had thought that someone was pulling a prank on him

Fahad had gotten out of the bathroom after taking a shower when he received the call from the police station and for a moment, he had thought that someone was pulling a prank on him. But when the officer uttered Aayan's name, his whole body went cold. Why did Shazain never mention that he even had the ability to end up in a lockup?!

He'd blown up when Aayan's voice reached his ear through the phone. 

“What the hell is going on?!” Fahad asked out loud. “I thought you were buying jewelry, not stealing it!” 

Aayan hissed as he pulled the receiver away from his ear due to his loudness before pressing it back again and speaking in a calm tone. 

“I didn't do anything of that sorts.” 

“Then why the hell are you in a police station?!” 

“Stop yelling for fück's sake!” he whisper-shouted and earned a look from the officer standing near him. 

“Ten percent from your future salary is deducted, that's it.” Fahad spoke as he paced around the room, searching for a sweater. “I made the biggest mistake of my life by thinking that you're not that big of an idiot but you've proven me wrong.” 

Aayan wanted to say a lot of things but held himself back when the man in uniform tapped his watch and exhaled deeply. 

“Just come and get me out of here without informing Shazain.” 

“Why the hell not? I don't even know the streets here.” 

“He'll blow up real bad!” For the first time, Fahad detected fear in his voice. “I don't wanna get myself killed.” 

Fahad pondered over his words for a second or two before replying; “You should've thought about that before doing what you did.” 

And the line cut off right after as the officer snatched the receiver from Aayan's hand. He covered his mouth with a hand to keep his nerves in check. 

He wasn't afraid of the police half as much as he was afraid of Shazain at the moment. He'd once faced his wrath back when he was fifteen and had been caught doing one-wheeling on the highway by accident. Aayan had been left terrified at the way he blew up and started lecturing him about how he was endangering people's lives and his own by performing the horrendous act. But being the fifteen years old angry young man he was, he'd scoffed him off despite knowing that he was right and had said that he had no right to meddle in his life; he was Ifrah's cousin, not his. 

Yeah, he'd been a real rebel back in his teenage years.

“It's your turn to call your family, miss.” he heard the officer speak and turned around to see Rabeel standing there with her face as pale as a sheet. Fück. She was here because of him.