If it weren’t for the child at home, and if those things hadn’t happened, she would have long put aside her reservations and launched an attack.

What a pity, what a pity.

Although they stood beside each other like yesterday, Song Yuan wasn’t in the mood to chat today. She had been afraid of something like this. It was easy to grow awkward with a newly made acquaintance, especially when you weren’t in the mood to chat. If it were someone familiar, they could talk if they wanted to talk, and they could be silent if they didn’t. It would be very comfortable.

Fortunately, the handsome ge didn’t take the initiative to chat with her, either.

But in the adult world, if he didn’t take the initiative to chat, it probably meant that he wasn’t interested in her.

She originally thought he had been interested in her. Otherwise, why would he drop her off last night? But on second thought, if he were interested, he would have asked for her contact information yesterday.

Ay, one truly could not fantasize too much, lest they be disappointed2.

She got off the bus, unconsciously glanced back, and found that Rong Heng did not get off.

Fine, she shouldn’t shower affections on an uninterested party. She rid herself of the thoughts she shouldn’t have and headed in the direction of the company.

Today was Christmas Eve as well as a Friday, and the amount of work she had wasn’t small. She was busy from the moment she started work and didn’t have a moment of rest until the afternoon.

The company’s front desk was very attentive. They gave each person a bright red apple3 and ordered milk tea in the afternoon.

Song Yuan drank her milk tea while she logged in to the PC version of WeChat. Replying to messages on the phone while at work inevitably gave off the impression of slacking. It was better to use the PC version of WeChat–she would look like she was working seriously while she replied to messages.

Xie Ya sent a message: I heard Ji Junpei is coming back! Omg! Wuli4 Yuanyuan finally no longer needs to bitterly wait in the cold cave5!

When Song Yuan saw this message, she nearly spat out her drink.

“Still bitterly waiting in the cold cave.”

She hurriedly denied the rumor. What’s all this about bitterly waiting in the cold cave? I don’t have anything to do with him.

Xie Ya: Really? You two clearly went to watch the movies together. Now that he’s coming back, you can finally find yourself a damn partner.

Song Yuan was a bit embarrassed. To say that she had no relation with Ji Junpei was like covering her nose to deceive her eyes6, but to be honest, she and he could be considered an unsuccessful romance.

She had definitely been attracted to him in college. People like her who had no talents and whose grades were average would easily adore the study god. The study god’s looks weren’t bad, and he seemed to be interested in her… it wasn’t that she wasn’t attracted, but that she had been attracted for too long. Without taking the next step, that sort of sentiment very easily vanished into smoke.