YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY | d. ricciardo

prompt: #02 "It drives me crazy when you wear my clothes."

[requested by @Elephant_flowers ]

It was the first race of the new F1 season and Daniel wanted to have you by his side for this special race on the calendar. It was his home race and he was really excited about it. It was also the first race as his girlfriend for you. Over the summer break, you both got closer as he decided to spend his whole break in his hometown. You still couldn't believe what happened in the last few months, it was crazy. Daniel hasn't changed at all over the years and neither did your feelings for him since your school days together. He won your heart all over again this summer.

You woke up as the sun was shining in your eyes through the window of your hotel room. You started to blink and were confused. Daniel wasn't lying beside you anymore. You looked around but he was nowhere to be seen. You looked at your phone to check the time and saw that it was already 12 pm. Today was Sunday so the race started in a few hours. Before you could freak out you saw that Daniel sent you a text message.

Daniel: "Good Morning, my love. I didn't wanna wake you up. I'm already at the circuit. Just call me and I'll let someone pick you up from the Hotel. I love you <3"

You smiled at his message and laid your phone beside you on the bed. You didn't know how you deserved him, he was everything you ever wished for. With a big smile on your face, you started to get ready for the day and hopped under the shower.

"I swear, I have nothing to wear...", you murmured to yourself and looked around to find your favorite T-Shirt. The whole room looked like a mess so you still didn't found it 10 minutes later. You sighed as you realized that your taxi was here in 5 minutes and you still didn't have a shirt on, just your jeans shorts and your vans. You randomly grabbed the shirt on the couch and realized that it was Daniels. He wouldn't mind, right? You put it over your head and grabbed your bag, you threw everything you needed in it and also grabbed the key card for the room.

15 minutes later you arrived at the circuit and walked into the paddock

15 minutes later you arrived at the circuit and walked into the paddock. "Hey, Y/N.", someone screamed in your direction and you looked to the right. "Hey Max, everything alright?", you asked with a smile and looked at him when he was beside you. "Yeah, everything is good, what about you?", he replied and smiled at you. "Everything is perfect. Did you see Daniel?", you asked because actually, you were a little lost in the paddock. You were at a few races last year but you always had Daniels Parents by your side. "He should be in his garage. Should I show you where it is?", Max asked and already started to guide me to the Renault Garage. "That would be very nice. But only if you have time to do that?", you said because you knew that these weekends were very stressful. "Of course, Y/N.", he replied and we both walked through the paddock.

As soon as we were at the garage Max said he had to go now and I wished him good luck for the race. Max was a really good friend of Daniel and you met him on Thursday as Daniel was showing you around at the circuit. He was very nice and you were happy to get to know Daniel's world and friends.

"Hello, I'm searching for Daniel. I'm his girlfriend.", you said to the security man at the entrance of the garage. "Oh, Y/N right? I remember you from yesterday.", the man replied and smiled at you. "He is talking to his mechanic at the moment.", he pointed at Daniel in the garage. "Thank you.", you said and smiled at the man. You walked into the garage and the smile grew on your face as soon as you saw Daniel. His mechanic saw you first and started to grin. "What?", you heard Daniel asking him. "Just turn around, loverboy.", his mechanic teased him and you started to laugh. Daniel turned around the moment he heard your cute laugh and smiled at you. "So, you are my loverboy, huh?", you teased him and walked closer to him. "I like that.", you confessed and his eyes started to sparkle at yours. "I think I am more than that, babygirl.", he replied and grabbed your waist to pull you closer. You put your arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. "You are.", was everything you said and Daniel started to kiss you again.

As you both stopped the kiss Daniel looked down at you and started to grin

As you both stopped the kiss Daniel looked down at you and started to grin. "It drives me crazy when you wear my clothes, baby.", he whispered in your ear as he leaned down to you and gave you a kiss on your neck. You felt like your head started to spin and your heart raced faster. "Oh, ups. My bad.", you whispered back and gave him a cheeky grin. "Oh baby...", he murmured and pulled you in for another kiss.

The whole time before the race Daniel didn't take his eyes off you. "Good luck, baby.", you said before he had to get in the car and hugged him. "If you get on the podium today, I'll wear your clothes all the time.", this time you were to one whispering into his ear. Daniel started to grin and kissed you one last time before pulling his helmet over his head. "Podium, I'm coming.", was all he said and he wasn't wrong about that.

[authors note:] I hope you like it <3