Chapter 1 - A Reunion Interrupted.

Five years have passed since the battle between Goku and Piccolo. Since then the Earth has experienced a period of peace. But that peace is to be soon shattered.

—- With Néra —-

We begin our story out on the ocean about twenty miles south of Kame House.

A young woman is floating lazily on her back, eyes closed, basking in the glorious sunshine. This is our main heroine, and Goku's younger half-sister. Néra.

She grew up apart from Goku, but they found each other when she was eight. They immediately hit it off and became fast friends. One day, she Goku and Krillin were messing around, when Néra accidentally slipped and fell into a river. The current was far too strong for her and neither Goku or Krillin could do anything to help. They watched helplessly as she was pulled downstream towards a gigantic waterfall.

It looked as if Néra was going to fall over the edge, but instead of falling, she floated in mid-air. This was Néra's first glimpse of her power. Seeing that she had a lot of potential, Goku took her to train with him and Krillin under Master Roshi. At first, Master Roshi was unwilling to train Néra. He didn't believe what Goku told him of her power. He told her that "girls have no place on the battlefield".

But Néra persisted. She watched Goku and Krillin train. Goku gave her private lessons, passing on his knowledge of fighting. For over a year, Néra pushed herself to her very limit and beyond, proving to herself that she was every bit as strong and as able as Goku.

She returned to Master Roshi and demanded that he train her. She sparred with Goku and Krillin to prove her point. She was so determined to show Master Roshi what she had to offer and her built up frustration over the past year's training caused her power level to shoot up almost too much for her to handle and she pulled off what Goku hadn't been able to do for months, a Kamehameha! Fortunately, she hit some rocks and not Goku or Krillin with her attack.

Master Roshi was finally convinced of her ability and took her in to train. As it turned out, Néra didn't need to train under Master Roshi, as Goku had already taught her everything.

When Néra was 16, she started having 'visions'. They were of her friends, their

experiences and who they were. She didn't know how or why she got these visions, so she kept them to herself. About a week before the World Martial Arts Tournament in which Goku faced Piccolo Jr. and beat him, Néra had a vision of the whole debacle. She decided to warn Goku. He brushed it off. Not a good idea.

After Néra's vision came true, Goku decided to believe her.

A month after that vision came true, Néra had a vision that was very different from her other visions. This was one of her mother. Her mother with Goku as a baby. The way that her mother held Goku and looked at him, it was obvious that Goku was her child also. Suddenly, a man walks in on the scene. This man looks exactly like Goku as an adult. This is obviously Goku's father, Bardock. This vision showed Néra that Goku is her brother. At this time, she didn't know that Goku was only her half-brother.

She decided to tell Goku of her vision. He immediately belived her. He can see the similarities between them. They have the same jet black hair, but her's is longer. It sticks out in gravity-defiant, unruly spikes, but Néra prefers to tie her hair back in a pony-tail. They both share the same passion in fighting, but only to protect their friends. They also seemed on par with their strength, but Néra had some different powers to Goku.