As she muttered apologies under her breath to the baby in her arms, trying to stand up quickly. But in her panic, she accidentally bumped into the coffee table, causing it to fall over and everything on it to spill loudly onto the floor. As if the clatter wasn't enough to alert Mr Bell of her presence, Jamie began to cry at the sudden noise. She did her best to quieten him and rub his back soothingly, but when she heard Mr Bell question what the noise was, it was clear that he'd heard.

She turned her back to the door, hoping that maybe if he didn't actually see Jamie then he wouldn't notice him. But it was too late.

"Mollie?" Mr Bell questioned as he entered the living room, his eyes widening when the cries became less muffled and the Wilson girl turned around sheepishly with a baby in her arms. "Oh my god."

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑 once he pulled up outside the school gates. Neither Mollie or Jordan had told their older brother about the events of the previous day, or their dad for that matter. Jordan had even managed to swear Mr Bell to secrecy about the situation, who then drove him to see Candace and try to repair the situation.

Waiting until the two boys were definitely gone, Kieran cleared his throat as he shifted in his chair to face Mollie. "You're not mad at me because I didn't tell you I was friends with Reece Murgatroyd, are you?"

"No. What makes you think I'm mad at you?"

"Well firstly, you told me to go home straight after I came back from getting that baby formula from the shop. And secondly, you didn't reply to my goodnight text, which you only ever do when you're mad at me."

Not expecting him to speak so honestly, Mollie pouted and folded her arms across her chest with a huff. "Shut up. Stop knowing me so well."

Kieran chuckled, before his expression softened. "I get it, I should've told you. I'm sorry."

"Kieran, stop." Mollie said, dropping the pout on her face and turning to him with a soft smile. "I was a little mad at you yesterday because I was overthinking. It's stupid, but I guess I thought that if I didn't know something as small as who your friends are, then there might've been other stuff I didn't know about you. Big, important stuff. I started questioning if I even know you."

"Are you serious?"

"It's stupid, I know-"

"It's not stupid, darlin." He said, his voice gentle and understanding as he reached out to stroke her hand with his own. "You can trust me, Mol, wholeheartedly and completely. I'm sorry I made you doubt that."

"You didn't, I promise. I slept on it and realised how ridiculous it was. I mean, you left work to come and help confront the mother of my little brother's child. If that doesn't show I can trust you, I don't really know what does." She shrugged with a laugh, earning a chuckle from Kieran.

"So, we're good?" He asked hopefully, biting his lip as he waited for her answer.

"Yeah, we're good." She nodded assuredly with a smile.

" She nodded assuredly with a smile