𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮
𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑛

✿❀❁

The soft clicks of Adelaide's heels echoed through the large halls of her home as she made her way down to the hall, knowing her family was probably waiting on her. They usually were.

It was a great surprise to see, as she opened the door and slipped inside, she wasn't the last one to arrive. Out of her siblings, yes, but the chairs at the ends of the table were both empty; her grandmother and father had yet to arrive.

"I see I'm not late this time." The blonde acknowledged as she lowered herself into the seat across from her brother, her auburn haired sister sitting just to her right.

A smile sat on Loras' face as he shook his head, his curls bouncing slightly. "Not this time, little rose."

"Where are they, anyways?"

"I heard them talking in father's study," The oldest Tyrell sibling was the one to speak up, gaining the attention of both blondes. "Quite loudly, might I add."

The confused and curious look formed on the brother's face, his eyes flickering from his older sister to his youngest before they rested on the former again. "What about?"

"I couldn't really tell," Margaery spoke softly with a shake of her head. "I believe I heard grandmother say how much she hates the cold, but the door muffled most of it; I'm not entirely positive."

Before either of her younger siblings could speak, the door once again opened. The three turned their heads, only to see the two older members of their house waltzing into the room, taking their places at the ends of the table.

"Sorry about the delay." Their father spoke in his loud voice before gesturing to the servants to get dinner started. "We had matters to discuss."

Adelaide could practically hear her grandmother scoff to the immediate left of her, causing the girl to turn and see the woman rolling her eyes. "Please, Mace; let's not dally any longer. Just tell the children what you've decided."

"Tell us what?" Loras questioned, looking from Olenna to his father.

The round man let out a long sigh before he turned his eyes to his youngest daughter, causing her heart rate to spike. "Adelaide...you know that you're growing up. And you know what kind of position you are in for our house. Now, I have been going over everything for weeks to make sure that-"

"Oh, for heaven's sake." The older woman spoke again, gaining back everyone's attention. She looked to the blonde girl beside her, reaching out her hand and taking her granddaughter's smaller one into hers. "My dear, your father and I have found a husband for you."

Her grandmother's straight forward tone caught her by surprise, though she knew what she had told her already. But despite her emotionless tone, she could see the love and remorse in her eyes.

"His name is Robb." She continued on. "He's only a year your senior and the eldest son of the Warden in the North, Lord Eddard Stark."

"Warden of the North?" Margaery spoke up, turning to her father with slightly furrowed brows. "You're sending her to the north?"

"The Stark boy is older now," Olenna spoke, gaining back the other sister's attention. "His parents have been searching for a match for him, and we sent out a raven. I can assure you, my dear; they promised us that their boy is as kind-hearted and genuine as they come."

Her words slightly eased the girl's worries. At the sound of her father clearing his throat, the blonde girl turned her head to look at the round man. "So?" Mace asked, his hands crossed in front of him.

"When do I leave...?" Adelaide asked, her voice soft. She knew there was no way out of this, but at least it wasn't going to be as bad as most of the arranged marriages she had heard of.

A small smile came to the lord's lips at the sound o his daughter at least complying. "Three days."