True Form - Prologue

The dark figure sat, enveloped with laughing shadows scaling his granite-like skin. The hourglass reflection of a woman could be seen in his pit less eyes as she bowed a little to greet it. It ran a blood red tongue over it's rough bottom lip and lifted what seemed to be a hand, covered in shadow like cloth. A a sealed parchment appeared, as if materialised from the deep thoughts of it's mind. Clicking it's fingers, she strode forward as she reached out and grasped it from the shadows from which it hung. She retreated little and unwaravelled the paper scanning the words quickly.

Profile:

Name: Evelyn Harper

Age: 15

Family: No living connections

School/occupation: Alford High

Wanted: Alive

"She will be in your possession within 48 hours, my Dominus" she said bowing her head as she closed the paper and tucked it under her arm, then lifted her head to meet it's gaze. She stiffened.

It's face now seemed to be frozen in time, expressionless, nothing human was about it. It's eyes flashed open revealing two red, demonic balls of fire. A snarl escaped it's lips and the eyes darkened in colour, as though they were about to bleed. She looked away as the familiar numbness crept over her. As if she could feel the souls of his victims through those red, unnerving eyes.  

"Leave" it hissed it's voice recoiling off the walls making her tense, she cast her eyes down and walked to the door, trying to ignore the numbness and the sudden decrease in temperature. Shuddering, she encircled her fingers around the handle and closed the door.