[I'm so sorry, Moony]

~August 3, 1980. Shropshire England. Third Person POV~
It had taken a few minutes for Sirius to pull James up from the floor but soon he got him up and the two entered the room. James couldn't force himself to look at his sister for long, though. He began hyperventilating, tears falling freely down his face as his back fell against the wall. Which left Sirius to check their little sister and nephew for a pulse. He bit his lip to hold back a sob as he gently leaned over Rose, he pressed two fingers to her neck and found a weak pulse. He breathed a sigh of relief, which was soon gone when he stood and his eyes fell on Apollo. The infant's body laid in a terrible position in his crib, his skin was sickly pale and Sirius knew right away he was dead. He lost it, bursting into sobs just as James had. A part  of him wished that Rose had died too, so she wouldn't have to wake a childless mother. Sirius quickly pulled himself together, knowing if he waited much longer Rose wouldn't survive. He grabbed James by the shirt collar and dragged him out of the room, in the hallway he sent an emergency patronus to St. Mungo's and all they could do now was wait.

~Hours later. St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies. Third Person POV~
Hours later, the family and friends of Rosalie Potter had their own waiting room in the hospital waiting for news. James had first called Lily to the hospital and broke the news to her in the parking lot. The couple held their son even tighter that day, unable to even fathom what they'd do if they were the Lupins. After James called Lily, Sirius called Remus and Lily called Molly. Remus and Frank walked into the waiting room to see Lily, James, Harry, Sirius, Hope, Lyall, Albus, Perenelle, Nicholas, Pandora, Xenophilius and even Severus Snape. It was strange to see so many people together, especially the specific people they were. Lily motioned for Frank to sit down while James and Sirius walked Remus outside, dreading the news they were about to give him.
"What happened? what's wrong? Where's my son?" Remus asked frantically, desperate to know what happened to his family while he wasn't there to protect them. Tears swelled in James' eyes as he pulled Remus into his arms. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, then pulled away. James kept a hand on the back of Remus's neck while Sirius stood silently at their side, tears in his eyes as well. "Remus I'm so sorry," James choked out slightly louder. Remus's eyes filled with tears too, before James could even get the words out. "Sirius and I went to check on them this morning. Lily was concerned because Rose hadn't called yet." He paused a moment, glancing at Sirius before continuing. "We found them both in the nursery. Rose was stabbed in her ribs, she lost alot of blood. And Apollo...." he trailed off, not sure how to say it. Remus was crying now, "my son," he demanded darkly, "what about my son?" James took a deep breath, "he's gone Moony," he whispered. All three men were sobbing now, "we found Apollo in his crib," James cried, "they said it was the killing curse." Remus staggered but the other two kept him from falling. They held him while he sobbed, screaming, crying, yelling, cursing God, cursing the universe, cursing Rose's Gods. Sirius and James just held him, knowing there was nothing they could do or say to comfort the father in mourning.  "Who did this?" Remus demanded through the tears. "They don't know, they're trying to trace the spell but with a curse like that it's likely the caster was able to mask the trace," Sirius said, "if that's the case, only Rose will be able to tell us."
Remus sobbed more, "My Rosie.... how is she?" "The medi-witch came out just before you got here," Sirius said, "she's got two broken ribs and a punctured lung. She died twice on the table when they first took her back, there's a poison from the knife in her blood and they're trying to keep her lung from collapsing." Again more tears, they just held him and let him cry. "I'm so sorry, Moony."

~Later. St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies. Third Person POV~
Rose woke up from surgery an hour later, she was still in the serious injuries wing. They kept her lung from collapsing, and healed the puncture and the broken ribs with magic and they were still treating the poison in small doses of a counteractive potion. She was still groggy and mostly out of it when they let Remus, James and a female Auror in. Rose merely whimpered in greeting as Remus rushed to her side to grab her hand. She was silently crying, unable to sob due to the pain in her chest. James sat down on the other side of Remus while the woman greeted the three of them with a soft smile and sat on Rose's other side. "Your name is Rosalie Potter?" the woman asked in a honey sweet voice. Rose nodded, "and I'm assuming these two gentlemen must me James Potter and Remus Lupin," they nodded. The woman pulled out a colorful notebook and a magical writing quill, she sat legs crossed smiling at Rose. "My name is Noel Porpington, I'm here on behalf of the Ministry of Magic's Auror department and I'm going to be asking you a few questions. If I make you uncomfortable at any point, let me know and I will leave the room. Is that okay?" Rosalie only nodded. "Okay... what do you remember?" Rose cleared her throat, her voice was scratchy and low but  her words were clear, "Bellatrix... Lestrange." Remus gasped, tears in his eyes, and clutched his fiancée's hand. "Are you sure that's who you saw?" the Auror asked. Rose nodded, tears rolling down her cheeks, "Bellatrix Lestrange... and Fenrir Greyback." Remus buried his face in Rose's shoulder as they cried. James leaned over to comfort them and Noel thanked them for their time and silently left.
Rose sobbed painfully, "I'm so sorry Remus," she cried, "I tried so hard to save him but I failed him... I failed as a mother," she sobbed. "No baby you didn't, you didn't..."
James watched the two heartbroken, he had no clue how to help the pain they felt.
*
*
*
(A/N: I didn't really know how to get through this part so it isn't the best. I'm kind of dreading writing this next little bit here. Rose is definitely going to have a rough year.)