The Only Part (For Now)

In the sunshine state, Florida, on May 31st, 2020, 24-year-old genius Alexander King (with the secret ability to direct lightning), was studying advanced sciences. He discovered a note in the back of the textbook he had bought, and if that wasn't weird enough, it was addressed to him, from 1652! It was written to him by Cleantha James saying that he must find the celestial staff of lighting, which is located in Ma- "Hey Alex, I'm going out!" called his roommate, Jack White. "Ok..." Alex said. He kept reading. The staff is located in Maine on one of the infinite parallel universes, Cornerstone. He must be very diligent because the staff is currently being guarded by Sroras, the demon of antimatter. Antimatter is one of the many rivals of lightning so it can kill anyone who controls lightning. Unfortunately lightning can not harm antimatter, because it is less dominant, so lightning cannot harm Sroras. Alex quickly skimmed the rest of the letter that included instructions to go to an abandoned letter opener factory and meet the wizard of powers, Avoxon.

Alex drove to the address on the back of the letter. As he walked in, he called for Avoxon, and instantly a very small man appeared. By Alex's estimate, he was about 3' 2," with soft, gnarled fingers and thick purple robes and slippers. Avoxon shot out an arm, grabbed Alex's shirt, and started waddling with him towards the back of the factory, still tugging on the fabric. The man was very fast for his height, but Alex kept up and followed, with his shirt clutched in the little man's hand. When they reached the back, Avoxon started rummaging through chests and chests of objects while saying, "Funny, funny, funny..."

"Sir?" Alex asked. The man spun on his heels, and with a grin and a soft face answered,

"You are going to ask 'what is so funny,' 'where am I supposed to be going,' and 'I heard you have a few things for me.' "

"Yes..." Alex answered, stunned that he knew.

"What's so funny is, not 20 minutes ago someone who controlled one of your rivals came to me with the same questions." Avoxon answered, "So I am going to be giving you the same tools. Firstly, you are going to the equivalent of Mount Katahdin in the dimension Cornerstone. For you, I have a letter opener, a tiger, and tips." Again, Alex's shirt was seized, and he was led into a room with, as promised, a tiger, but it wasn't orange and black. It was black and blue.

"This is Red," Avoxon said. Alex snickered.

"Yes?" The man asked

"Well the tiger is named Red, and its black and Electric Blue." "In more ways than one." he added as the tiger began to flicker with electricity." The man shook his head, "You don't understand." After 20 minutes of tips and after receiving the items from Avoxon, Alex went to the back of the factory where there was a door with the β symbol on the knob. Avoxon nodded and then disappeared.

Alex breathed deeply and looked at the tiger. "You ready Red?" he asked. In response, he got a nearly inaudible growl. When he stepped through the door, he was in the same spot, looked at the door, and instead saw the δ symbol, which meant he was in Cornerstone. As he made his way to the bus station, he noticed that everyone knew his name, everyone had an animal partner, and everyone had powers like him. He got on the bus, which oddly he didn't have to pay for. On tv, there was a news report about a lightning storm over South Carolina. Instantly Alex's stomach lurched. He knew that was the rival that was just at Avoxon's. So he decided to stop there.

When the bus started moving, it didn't stop accelerating until it was going at least 600mph. And then they stopped.

"Alex! This is your stop!" shouted the bus driver. It wasn't until Alex had arrived that he realized that the storm that was on the news was bigger than he thought. When he got off, he decided to go to the center of the storm where there was a tornado of red lightning. When he got there, he got a wonderful tingling feeling in his gut like whenever a bolt of lightning was going to strike. He looked at Red, who was crackling with lightning like when he first met the animal. Alex sent a bolt straight into the center of the tornado and watched it unravel. At the center was a man whose face was not visible because he was wearing a mask, and with him, a black and red tiger.