Chapter 21: Power cut

Start from the beginning

-Yeah, why wouldn't I be? The dyed-haired boy asked turning over to face the other boy.

-Because it looks like there might be another storm coming our way, so I would understand if you would like me to stay with you. Ryan gently pulled Quinton closer by his waist and his boyfriend put his arms around his neck, playing with the strands of hair he could reach.

-I'll be ok Ry, I promise." Quinton voiced before giving his boyfriend a peck. Ryan nodded and stayed a few more seconds before walking out of the room to go see his friend. Quinton thought it was adorable the way Ryan cared about him, really, he had been lucky to find someone as considerate as Ryan. He continued putting his stuff in the hotel room lightheartedly when suddenly, a loud thud was heard and the light went off. "Shit" Quinton muttered to himself. He reached for his phone which was in his pocket to have at least a source of light so he could navigate more easily through his hotel room. He took it out of his pocket and turn it on, but his battery was about to die. He still managed to use his phone as a flashlight, but it died as soon as he reached the door. "Really?! Quinton complained. You had to die now!" He sighed and a bolt of lighting stripped the sky. Quinton jumped a little. With or without light, he had to find Ryan. He opened the door with determination and fumbled his way to the nearest wall. Ryan had told him he had to talk to Max, and from what he knew, Max's room was 5 rooms away from the one he shared with Ryan. Following the wall, he counted each door he passed until he reached the fifth one. Quinton knocked on the door and entered."Wassup bro? Anthony said upon Quinton's arrival in the room.

-Who is it? He heard Josh shout from the bathroom. Sam looked up from his phone before shouting back to his friend.

-It's Quinton.

-I thought this was Max's room. Quinton said, realizing his mistake. When he had gone out of his room, he must've gone to the wall across his door, explaining why he was in the wrong room.

-It's the room on the other side of the hallway. Anthony responded.

-Yeah I figured." Quinton let out. He thanked them before getting out of the room. He crossed the hallway quickly, and when he found the door of the room facing Anthony's, he opened it without even knocking. Everyone turned around looking at him. "Quin, what are you doing here? Max asked surprised.

-Isn't Ryan here? Quinton said, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

-Nah he left when the power cut, he said he needed to find you. Blake replied from where he was laying.

-He must be in you guys' room now. Max added.

-That's imposi... How have I not seen him? Quinton asked in disbelief, more to himself than to the others.

-Dunno mate. Griffin said coming out of the bathroom, directing his phone's flash towards Quinton. Great, now he had to make his way back to their room in the dark. He was unlucky really. If he had just stayed in his room, he would be with Ryan now.

-Thanks anyway, guys." Quinton voiced quickly before leaving. The dyed-haired boy tried to find the wall again, almost tripping over himself. He managed to find it and took a deep breath before starting his way back to his room. As he was around mid-way, he heard a door open itself, hearing someone mumble. Suddenly, the power came back, and the light in the hallway flickered back on, shining a yellowish shimmer over the inside of the hotel. Quinton let go of the wall, looking in the direction of the mumbles and he saw Ryan in the frame of their room's door, looking up at the light. Quinton rushed over to his boyfriend, pulling him into a hug when he reached him. "There you are! Ryan exclaimed, holding the other boy tightly. You scared me.

-I'm sorry. Quinton breathed in Ryan's neck. When the power cut I went looking for you but when I reached Max's room he told me you did the same. Quinton explained.

-Are you ok?" Ryan inquired, concern lacing his words. Quinton nodded and the two boys got back inside of their room. This little adventure had worn them out and they got ready to head to bed, but someone knocked on the door, making Quinton, who was dreaming of being in bed, cuddled up with his boyfriend, sigh. Ryan opened the door and Thomas came in. He checked on them, asking them if everything was alright and if they didn't get too disturbed by the power cut. After they answered all of his questions, insisting they were fine, Thomas left. Both boys collapsed on their bed, wiggling around to put themselves in a comfortable position, before closing their eyes, soaring off to dreamland.

Here you go guys, I hope you liked this chapter inspired by another idea of -CHARLl . Tbh it's one of my favorites ;) Also, I know I didn't update in a while but I'll be back to upload regularly from now on, so you can expect a chapter per week! Love you guys 💖