Chapter 6: Rallnedia

Start from the beginning

Couple of minutes passed and I already gathered all the table numbers in its designated container. I put them together with the other elements and started making my way back to the dressing room. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, the expression on my face changed when I saw the last person I really wanna see right now. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then focused on the folder on my hand then continued walking unto the exit of the hall.

“Ms. Madrigal, right?” Eventhough I heard that, I just continued walking, but a little faster this time. I tried to ignore him when he called me once more hoping that he'll stop but he's now in front of me, blocking my way. A smile formed in his lips that crawls slowly up to his eyes.

Dia, just. . . continue walking. I said at the back of my mind. I saw Erick standing on this guy's left while an unfamiliar man on his right. I tried ignoring him once more and continued to leave the place.

“Ms. Madrigal, the CEO is calling you.” I was even more shocked with what Erick said. I looked at him and then switched my gaze to the man beside him. I noticed a tiny pin placed on that man's suit. It resembles a flag, but I am not certain since I am not really familiar with that symbol.

"May I know why?” I said, unconsciously while still staring at that pin. I saw the man beside him smiling like a lunatic. Is he nuts? He's smiling like an idiot when in fact, nothing is really funny. I whispered underneath my breath then turned to face Erick. He walked towards the exit and I followed him to get away from this man. As I was following Erick, noticed that we were going on a different direction.

“Excuse me, where exactly are we going?” I can't help myself asking him, but instead of answering me, he just continued walking.

Alright, stop asking questions so as not to receive a blank stare in return. I murmured while tailing him. I did quite a bit of running because his steps are huge and I won't catch his phase if I walk like a turtle. Later, he stopped at a white door, knocked on it and slowly turned the knob.

“Your grace, she's here.” Erick said. Wait!

‘Your Grace’? Isn't it used to address kings and queens? I asked at the back of my mind as I tried to peak inside the room. Later, Erick turned to face me and led me inside. I slowly took a step forward and I was stunned by the sight that met my eyes.

“Diala Madrigal?” I snapped out to reality when I heard that voice. I turned to my left and there I saw a lady sitting in an expensive elegant chair but what caught my attention was the thing she is doing as of the moment. She's holding a folder and from it, she pulled out a paper then, put the paper on the table in front of her.

“Please take a seat.” She pointed the single couch beside her. I silently sat on it and flashed my most genuine smile at her. I can't believe that I got to be with the Mondragon Company's CEO. She's beautiful in her photos on the internet but she's beyond gorgeous in person. Her skin is so delicate that she doesn't seem to be in her 40's. Her hands are as smooth as those of the teenagers nowadays. She doesn't even have wrinkles on it. I'll admit it, I would kill to have skin like hers.

“Diala is your fullname, isn't it?” I snapped into reality when I heard her speak.

“Yes, ma'am. It is my fullname.” I answered her. I don't know if I should put "your grace" at the end of my statement like what I have heard from Erick.

“I am the newly hired employee in your company, ma'am." I said next when I noticed her still looking at me intently. I don't really know why I am called here. I asked Erick while we're on our way here but he did not answer. Later, the CEO redirected her attention from me to the folder she was holding, but she dropped it again and smiled at me, so I smiled back at her.